2023-2024 MEDEX Application Cycle

Hi all!

I'm a current MEDEX student at the Spokane Campus Class 27. I was just peeking in here because I remember the anxiety I was in about this time last year. If any of you have any questions feel free to email me 🙂 I don't have the time to check back here very often. My school email I don't give out so it doesn't get bogged down with non-school stuff, but you can email my personal at kasie85@hotmail.com. With my fall didactic quarter starting in less than a  week, it might take me a few days to respond though. Anyway, reach out. I am happy to help. All campuses use the same class formats and processes so I can talk to prospective student to any campus, except about the campus itself. Also for my sanity, please don't share my email outside of this forum.

Kasie M. PA-S

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hi, friends. Second year applicant here, applied a little late (Aug. 20) because I'm new to Seattle and had a hard time finding LOR writers. I work in EMS as a medic so it's difficult to find people who have directly seen me working who aren't my EMT-B partner. Eventually I found a coworker at my ACLS teaching job who's a MEDEX alum to write my last LOR. Hoping this is my year, I applied from outside WWAMI last year and now I'm biking distance from UW. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jlevinson said:

Hi, friends. Second year applicant here, applied a little late (Aug. 20) because I'm new to Seattle and had a hard time finding LOR writers. I work in EMS as a medic so it's difficult to find people who have directly seen me working who aren't my EMT-B partner. Eventually I found a coworker at my ACLS teaching job who's a MEDEX alum to write my last LOR. Hoping this is my year, I applied from outside WWAMI last year and now I'm biking distance from UW. 

I work as an EMT-B as well in the south King County area. If you have a more involved volunteer experience you can use those for LOR’s too. 

If anyone wants to get together and work on interview stuff, let me know I'm sure we could make a discord and practice. I haven't seen anyone else with the same interview date yet but it's Sep 25th for the Seattle Campus.

I don't think it'll matter too much if we have the same dates or location so I'm fine with practicing with different dates and locations.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pmarchp said:

If anyone wants to get together and work on interview stuff, let me know I'm sure we could make a discord and practice. I haven't seen anyone else with the same interview date yet but it's Sep 25th for the Seattle Campus.

I don't think it'll matter too much if we have the same dates or location so I'm fine with practicing with different dates and locations.

Hey, I had two emails from MEDEX when I got my invite. My first one was for 9/25 for the Seattle campus. They made it seem like a mistake and sent me a second email just a couple minutes after with an October date. Just making sure you didn’t have the same thing happen to you. Would love to confirm is they are actually interviewing for Seattle campus on 9/25 or not. Thank you!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mjharniss said:

Hey, I had two emails from MEDEX when I got my invite. My first one was for 9/25 for the Seattle campus. They made it seem like a mistake and sent me a second email just a couple minutes after with an October date. Just making sure you didn’t have the same thing happen to you. Would love to confirm is they are actually interviewing for Seattle campus on 9/25 or not. Thank you!

Ya, my invite said the 25th and when I sent my interview acceptance they confirmed it as the 25th, and I haven't heard anything since about dates. I got my invite on august 25th.

On 9/7/2023 at 7:15 PM, Pmarchp said:

If anyone wants to get together and work on interview stuff, let me know I'm sure we could make a discord and practice. I haven't seen anyone else with the same interview date yet but it's September 25th for the Seattle Campus.

If you want you can join our discord - we have a voice channel we use for mock interview practice 🙂 

https://discord.gg/gXaYN96B

On 9/8/2023 at 8:58 AM, derrickW06 said:

I’m thinking spokane should send something out soon. This waiting is rough. Here’s to hoping it doesn’t end in heartbreak. 

Hi, current Spokane student here! Last year I got my interview invitation on 9/20 for an October 20th interview. I believe Spokane interviews this year on also on October 20th, so you still have time. Hope that helps some. Good luck all and don't forget to breath!

Kasie

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 5:15 PM, Pmarchp said:

Hi there! I am happy to connect!