2023-2024 MEDEX Application Cycle

On 1/24/2024 at 6:11 PM, ManifestingSuccess said:

For those that received an acceptance phone call: Was it from a Seattle number? Or could it be from an Alaska or Hawaii phone number?

My call was from a local instructor but it could be from Seattle or local when receiving a call of acceptance. Or any other number, if for example, a local instructor still has a number from another area. It can be anything really.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 3:04 PM, cmcnamara said:

To accepted applicants, how much have you heard back? I'm an Anchorage applicant, and I got the initial packet and some December deadlines. I've done everything I need for December but since then it's been silent for anything further needed. I have my class emails redirected to my personal email but occasionally go into the graduate page and still nothing. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something big!

Your initial communication that you received was about getting the offer accepted and taking the steps to apply to UW also. Then there will be a lull in communication probably until about March or April. This is what I have been told by students I know that are currently in the program. Just make sure you are already working on FAFSA and any scholarship opportunities for now.

Edited by tentitans70
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tentitans70 said:

Your initial communication that you received was about getting the offer accepted and taking the steps to apply to UW also. Then there will be a lull in communication probably until about March or April. This is what I have been told by students I know that are currently in the program. Just make sure you are already working on FAFSA and any scholarship opportunities for now.

Thanks! I did all that and applied and accepted to UW, but it's been about a month of no communication and I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting some submarine sinking deadline notification on an account I don't see or something.

2 hours ago, ManifestingSuccess said:

Just got a rejection email after the interview 😕 

Hey I know this feels pretty bad... I was rejected for 4 years while improving my PCE and GPA. It's rough, but the best thing to do is look at what you were rejected for and if it is something feasibly improvable.

But on top of that, look at if PA is the job for you. I don't mean that badly, at all, as I did similar thinking. Not in an "I'm not good enough for PA" sorta way, but in a "What's the best path for my own happiness" way. PA is harder than most graduate programs to get into but very very achievable. If it's truly what you want, you can absolutely achieve it.

What I mean is that, I know some people who had dreams of going into medical school or PA school but when rejected, looked elsewhere and found another job that was more their fit. I know someone trying to get into PA school who got into physical therapy and absolutely loves it - great pay, pretty low stress, and an active work environment. So I just mean take this as a moment of introspection and value what you're wanting for your own happiness.

Edited by cmcnamara
For some reason, my format got borked. Fixed it.
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 10:37 AM, cmcnamara said:

Hey I know this feels pretty bad... I was rejected for 4 years while improving my PCE and GPA. It's rough, but the best thing to do is look at what you were rejected for and if it is something feasibly improvable.

But on top of that, look at if PA is the job for you. I don't mean that badly, at all, as I did similar thinking. Not in an "I'm not good enough for PA" sorta way, but in a "What's the best path for my own happiness" way. PA is harder than most graduate programs to get into but very very achievable. If it's truly what you want, you can absolutely achieve it.

What I mean is that, I know some people who had dreams of going into medical school or PA school but when rejected, looked elsewhere and found another job that was more their fit. I know someone trying to get into PA school who got into physical therapy and absolutely loves it - great pay, pretty low stress, and an active work environment. So I just mean take this as a moment of introspection and value what you're wanting for your own happiness.

A rejection does not mean one needs to reconsider goals. Hurdle through the lows and get that acceptance

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, microspidercc said:

A rejection does not mean one needs to reconsider goals. Hurdle through the lows and get that acceptance

Sorry if that came through like that. I basically meant look through what needs improving but also allow yourself to be introspective of what you want, guilt-free.

I don't mean you need to, just don't feel ashamed about looking at alternative routes. However, if you still feel like this is your calling, absolutely pursue it and pursue it logistically - why were you denied and what can you do to minimize that it happens again.

37 minutes ago, PAwithAPASSION said:

anyone know if ALL the schools are filled with its new cohort. I have never heard back from them at all and applied a while ago...

For Anchorage campus they're still waiting on 4 responses. 

"In the coming weeks the Admissions and Student Services Team will be sharing out contact information for ANC 14, 15, and 16 so that you have each other’s contact information. We aren’t quite ready to send this out as we are still waiting on 4 folks to complete the admissions process."

7 hours ago, cmcnamara said:

For Anchorage campus they're still waiting on 4 responses. 

"In the coming weeks the Admissions and Student Services Team will be sharing out contact information for ANC 14, 15, and 16 so that you have each other’s contact information. We aren’t quite ready to send this out as we are still waiting on 4 folks to complete the admissions process."

As in, they are waiting for the students to accept/decline. Or the students already accepted and waiting on paperwork, fasfa etc.?? 

thank you for the update too 🙂

Edited by AspiringPA1001

On 2/28/2024 at 6:32 PM, AspiringPA1001 said:

As in, they are waiting for the students to accept/decline. Or the students already accepted and waiting on paperwork, fasfa etc.?? 

thank you for the update too 🙂

Great question, don't know...

EDIT: Also, anyone in Anchorage figured out housing yet? Athenian Village Apartments look perfect for distance to school and local medical centers.

Edited by cmcnamara

On 2/28/2024 at 6:50 AM, PAwithAPASSION said:

anyone know if ALL the schools are filled with its new cohort. I have never heard back from them at all and applied a while ago...

I’m fairly certain they interviewed for the last seats for Kona and Anchorage in January. We were told that Seattle, Tacoma, and Spokane were all filled. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 2:57 PM, AmandaL said:

Current Tacoma student! Feel free to send me a pm with questions you have! 

Hi Amanda!

I'm in the Tacoma Class #12 and excited to get started this summer. 

Can you recommend any places/areas that would be good to rent (for a family of 3)? We are moving out there early June, but I'll be coming over there (from Atlanta) in May to look for some places to rent (houses, townhouses, and apartments). 

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, cmcnamara said:

With the student release information today, anyone in Anchorage campus want to start a facebook page for this class? I would but don't use facebook all too much and would be learning about it as I go.

Does this mean they filled all the seats at the anchorage site?