2023-2024 MEDEX Application Cycle

6 hours ago, sarai said:

I just received an interview invite for Kona campus!! 

Me too! I'm so excited to interview! Can we set up a mock/practice interview?

For those still waiting to hear back, my interview date for is set for Tuesday 1/23/24. In the email they stated that ALL seats for Seattle, Spokane, and Tacoma are full. This interview conference will only be for seats in Anchorage or Kona.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, ManifestingSuccess said:

Me too! I'm so excited to interview! Can we set up a mock/practice interview?

For those still waiting to hear back, my interview date for is set for Tuesday 1/23/24. In the email they stated that ALL seats for Seattle, Spokane, and Tacoma are full. This interview conference will only be for seats in Anchorage or Kona.

Is this interview the large group they do that concludes all of their interviews?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AspiringPA1001 said:

Does anyone know anything about being waitlisted. When do you typically hear back or any information?

Your email letting you know that you have been put on the waitlist is the only communication you will receive, unless they select you from the waitlist, and then they will call you. That could happen, for any number of reasons, all the way up to the start of the 2024 cohort.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ManifestingSuccess said:

I'm not sure. The email didn't specify if it was the last round of interviews, just that it would be for a seat in Kona or Anchorage. Does Kona historically only have one interview session? 

I believe last years forum mentioned something about two dates for Kona. And then there was a “catch up” interview?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ManifestingSuccess said:

Has anyone else that applied to Kona received a different interview date other than 1/23? 

I received the same date. Last year Kona had a couple interview dates earlier in January with a catch all interview at the end. I’m not sure they will do the same this year if all seats for Seattle, Spokane, and Tacoma are filled already. 

• Like 2

On 12/18/2023 at 12:33 PM, tentitans70 said:

I have been accepted and put a request to join the page. See you there.

Hi! Check your fb messenger! Before adding to group I always check in with the person that is requesting to be added just make sure they were indeed accepted. Cuz sometimes curious ppl request to join that planning to apply but do not have a spot yet in the cohort.

• Like 1

For those that have already interviewed with MEDEX, what was it like interviewing in groups?

Do you each get a chance to answer the same question, or is each candidate in the group asked something completely different? Will the questions rotate once you're in a different group, or is it random throughout the interview?

And just as a general interview question: Are our responses timed? 

On 12/23/2023 at 3:27 PM, ManifestingSuccess said:

For those that have already interviewed with MEDEX, what was it like interviewing in groups?

Do you each get a chance to answer the same question, or is each candidate in the group asked something completely different? Will the questions rotate once you're in a different group, or is it random throughout the interview?

If anyone could provide an idea of the interview format, I would greatly appreciate it! I am an interview novice. This is my first year applying and first PA school program interview. I am nervous as heck!! Ahahahahaha

1 hour ago, um3chan said:

If anyone could provide an idea of the interview format, I would greatly appreciate it! I am an interview novice. This is my first year applying and first PA school program interview. I am nervous as heck!! Ahahahahaha

You have three interviews, one focused on getting to know you, one on ethics (generally ask you what-ifs with no right or wrong), and problem solving (how would you do x). And all three are in small groups and last about 45 minutes. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2023 at 8:27 PM, ManifestingSuccess said:

To add, our small groups consisted of you + 2 other students, interviewing with 2 interviewers at a time. Sometimes you all answer the same question, sometimes they'll ask you all different questions. So don't be surprised if they ask you a totally different question right after your fellow applicant. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Prepakk said:

Has anyone heard back regarding their app for the Spokane campus? It sounds like they’re close to completing the last round of interviews and I have yet to hear anything so just wondering when to expect a rejection?

Last year I received a rejection letter after they finished interviews for all campuses. 

Hi all! I received an email earlier today about the 1/23 group interview for Kona/Anchorage.

Does anyone know if the "Candidate Interview Schedule" file includes candidates for both campuses, or did they separate us? (If anyone is interviewing for Anchorage and can confirm, please let me know!).

Also, were any other Kona interview dates announced? I've still only heard about Tues 1/23 but I'm sure there were others.

Getting excited to meet everyone! We're so close! I know MEDEX is offering an informal meet-and-greet on Monday, but if anyone would like to Zoom this weekend please let me know!

51 minutes ago, ManifestingSuccess said:

Hi all! I received an email earlier today about the 1/23 group interview for Kona/Anchorage.

Does anyone know if the "Candidate Interview Schedule" file includes candidates for both campuses, or did they separate us? (If anyone is interviewing for Anchorage and can confirm, please let me know!).

Also, were any other Kona interview dates announced? I've still only heard about Tues 1/23 but I'm sure there were others.

Getting excited to meet everyone! We're so close! I know MEDEX is offering an informal meet-and-greet on Monday, but if anyone would like to Zoom this weekend please let me know!

So I was part of the first Anchorage interview and from my understanding, all the interviewees there were for the Anchorage campus. So I think your group is uniquely situated 

On 12/23/2023 at 5:27 PM, ManifestingSuccess said:

I can message you some interview tips and examples if you give me your email

• Like 1

To accepted applicants, how much have you heard back? I'm an Anchorage applicant, and I got the initial packet and some December deadlines. I've done everything I need for December but since then it's been silent for anything further needed. I have my class emails redirected to my personal email but occasionally go into the graduate page and still nothing. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something big!

18 minutes ago, ManifestingSuccess said:

For those that received an acceptance phone call: Was it from a Seattle number? Or could it be from an Alaska or Hawaii phone number?

I think it was told it depends on where you interviewed. I was for the Anchorage campus and got an Alaskan area code.

• Like 2