2023-2024 MEDEX Application Cycle

16 minutes ago, AspiringPA1001 said:

Wow congrats! You’re going to do great! I’m so nervous now…. Still early in the morning, hoping for good news

If it means anything, this is like my fourth time applying. But a ton of people didn't hear back until Monday, dunno if that's gonna be the case here as well, with some hearing Friday and some Monday.

Feeling frustrated and discouraged by the wide variability between interviewer questions in the process. My experience lacked any personal questions to allow myself to “sell myself” while others received many questions from their interviewers. I feel like they did not get to know me or my group beyond anything surface level and seemed unamused. I did not get asked any “why PA?”, “why should we accept you”, “why Medex”, questions about my individual journey,  not a single question in that realm, while many others did. This just was not the experience I anticipated unfortunately. 

59 minutes ago, APA2023R said:

Feeling frustrated and discouraged by the wide variability between interviewer questions in the process. My experience lacked any personal questions to allow myself to “sell myself” while others received many questions from their interviewers. I feel like they did not get to know me or my group beyond anything surface level and seemed unamused. I did not get asked any “why PA?”, “why should we accept you”, “why Medex”, questions about my individual journey,  not a single question in that realm, while many others did. This just was not the experience I anticipated unfortunately. 

Hm... I know that my interview was pretty structured in that everyone answered a question before going back. And I was asked the classic why PA stuff. Sometimes if someone took a long time to answer, it did appear that they would skip questions, but not interviewees.

EDIT: Just saw that your interview was today. Don't sweat it, I was absolutely frazzled and stressed after my interview and some questions I felt like a trainwreck with. Relax, rejoice that you got through it! It was hands down possibly the toughest interview I've had in a long while, and with it being so long, you're inevitably going to feel like you could have done better.

Edited by cmcnamara

On 12/4/2023 at 8:39 PM, APA2023R said:

As someone who has gone through 7 interviews besides MEDEX, I would say it is rare to find interviewees that are very enthusiastic, amused or impressed by candidates. I only had two interviews where faculty showed more interest and emotions. And for many of my other interviews I also felt I was not able to share my story and all my experiences like I've wanted to, but I still got acceptances there. And I only remember one interview I felt great about, but I still have not gotten accepted at that school, ironically. By the time I had my MEDEX interview, I had very realistic expectations (not very high) about how the interview would go, and I did not expect the questions to be everything I prepared, as I learned you literally never know what they will ask and the questions are often different from what other's may have been asked. I would not take their reaction to your responses too personally, and honestly I didn't even pay attention to them, and just focused on giving my all during my responses, which I am sure you have done as well:)

Edited by PNWPA2023
  • Like 3

On 11/23/2023 at 9:02 AM, PNWPA2023 said:

So far I'm the only one that updated the thread about my Spokane acceptance. Did they just not accept much people or are the accepted Spokane students not on here? Anyways, would love to connect with accepted Spokane students so please reach out! 

From what I can tell, there were a few on this board following the Spokane campus but a chunk of us didn't receive invites for interviews. Maybe next time! Congrats on your acceptance! Hopefully you will be able to connect with more people as the result come back from the second round.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, f1rstgenpa said:

Seattle campus interviews were held yesterday, not sure if that’s which campus you’re referring to. 

By any chance do you know if Seattle or Tacoma campus are holding anymore interviews? Seattle was my first choice and Tacoma was second. I haven’t heard back since receiving the email saying my application has passed the initial screening  

On 12/9/2023 at 10:33 PM, ck1125 said:

From what I can tell, there were a few on this board following the Spokane campus but a chunk of us didn't receive invites for interviews. Maybe next time! Congrats on your acceptance! Hopefully you will be able to connect with more people as the result come back from the second round.

Thank you!! I've connected with a lot of people actually! So far I know at least 11 people that were accepted and 1 that was waitlisted.