2023-2024 MEDEX Application Cycle

2 hours ago, RDNPrePA said:

Is there going to be another round of interviews for Tacoma? Or are they over?

I just interviewed w/Tacoma on 11/13 and from what I understand they usually only do two rounds of interviews for Tacoma and that was the second round, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t going to interview more candidates this cycle

1 hour ago, PandaPA23 said:

Do you all know if they are still making acceptance calls on Monday, or should we assume that if we didn't get a call, we'll get an email on Monday? Congrats to everyone who have gotten in!!

I’ve heard of people getting the call after the weekend, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they called more people on Monday with acceptances. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AKRNtoPA said:

Has anyone received the Zoom link for Tuesday's (Nov 21) Meet and Greet for the Anchorage campus? The email said they would send it out 5 days prior.

Thanks.

With the weird Zoom invasions, I'm hesitant to post the link on a public forum. It should be in the email itself. I rechecked it and it's under the sentence talking about it
"

1. Attend the optional Pre-conference Candidate Meet n Greet on Tuesday, November 21 at 3:30pm PST (2:30pm AKST). This event is completely optional and will be held virtually for candidates with no interviewers included. It will be very informal and just gives candidates a chance to meet one another prior to the conference. If interested in attending, please join using this link: "

For me it was just under this part, admittedly with the link kind of in the middle of the email below it. The site starts with washington if that helps. Sorry, not trying to be cryptic, but don't want to be the reason the link is posted publicy and we get strange folk in the meeting.

2 hours ago, cmcnamara said:

With the weird Zoom invasions, I'm hesitant to post the link on a public forum. It should be in the email itself. I rechecked it and it's under the sentence talking about it
"

1. Attend the optional Pre-conference Candidate Meet n Greet on Tuesday, November 21 at 3:30pm PST (2:30pm AKST). This event is completely optional and will be held virtually for candidates with no interviewers included. It will be very informal and just gives candidates a chance to meet one another prior to the conference. If interested in attending, please join using this link: "

For me it was just under this part, admittedly with the link kind of in the middle of the email below it. The site starts with washington if that helps. Sorry, not trying to be cryptic, but don't want to be the reason the link is posted publicy and we get strange folk in the meeting.

Oh interesting, mine was worded a bit differently and did not include a link. 

"Please also be aware that we are hosting a ‘Pre-conference Candidate Meet n Greet' on Tuesday, 11/21/2023 from 3:30-4:30pm PST. This event is completely optional and will be held virtually for candidates (no interviewers included). It will be very informal and just gives candidates a chance to meet one another prior to the conference. The link for this will be sent along with the other conference documents 5-days prior to the conference"

I will reach out to them, thank you.   

8 hours ago, AKRNtoPA said:

Oh interesting, mine was worded a bit differently and did not include a link. 

"Please also be aware that we are hosting a ‘Pre-conference Candidate Meet n Greet' on Tuesday, 11/21/2023 from 3:30-4:30pm PST. This event is completely optional and will be held virtually for candidates (no interviewers included). It will be very informal and just gives candidates a chance to meet one another prior to the conference. The link for this will be sent along with the other conference documents 5-days prior to the conference"

I will reach out to them, thank you.   

They sent the link and additional info on Friday via email. Check your spam/junk too. If you still have no luck, def reach out! Hope to see you at the meet n greet!

20 hours ago, cmcnamara said:

So the general consensus is about 4-5 days after the interview is when you hear back, right? My Anchorage interview is this Monday, and I am wondering if I'll hear by the end of the week.

When I had my interview with Tacoma last month, we interviewed on Monday as well. I was told we should hear back by the end of the week. I ended up getting the call on Monday around noon.

I was really worried over the weekend and assumed I did not get in.

So id give it a full week.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Another question, mostly to assuage my paranoia: To the Anchorage interviewees, did your Zoom invite appear to open up an hour earlier than the interview time? The interview starts 10:30AM Pacific Time. I live in Arkansas currently with Central, which is 2 hours ahead. However the Zoom interview says it starts at 11:30AM Central Time.

So does the interview in the Zoom email open an hour earlier than the interview itself for everyone else? Like I said, I'm probably just paranoid, but want to be certain on this. Thanks! 

EDIT: Nevermind found this in the interview email
"2.    Log in by 10:20am Pacific Time by clicking on your unique Zoom link sent directly from Zoom to your email. You will be in a waiting room until the host admits you. The link will be open 1-hour before the conference will begin. "

Edited by cmcnamara
Found my answer and wanted to provide it.