2021-2022 application cycle

47 minutes ago, alysd said:

They usually send out rejections in early November after the conclusion of interviews. This is my third year applying here so unfortunately I know from experience, lol.

That's awesome you have an interview with Stanford though!

Ah so I guess I’m waiting for a rejection then 😔. Thanks for the heads up. 

56 minutes ago, nicholas96 said:

Hey guys, 

Just received an invitation for an interview and scheduled it on 10/27. If anyone is interviewing that day (or any day this month) and wants to chat over zoom, let me know ! I feel like it might be helpful to see some familiar faces during a group interview and help each other prepare : ). 

Congratulations @nicholas96!

I have my interview on 10/20. Its just around the corner.

Best of luck on your interview. Just be yourself and Im sure you’ll do great 👍🏼 

- Jake

• Like 1

17 hours ago, nicholas96 said:

Hey guys, 

Just received an invitation for an interview and scheduled it on 10/27. If anyone is interviewing that day (or any day this month) and wants to chat over zoom, let me know ! I feel like it might be helpful to see some familiar faces during a group interview and help each other prepare : ). 

Congratulations!! You're the first interview invite I've heard of since the initial 9/28 invites. Gives hope to the rest of us constantly refreshing our inboxes 🙃

• Like 1

Hi! Congrats to those that received an interview email! I got my invite on 9/28 as well but my email didnt show it until the second email from UC Davis . I checked daily but did not see an email from them. 
i already had two rejection emails so but this one gave me hope!!

dont give up you guys! Wish everyone the best!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Jordan4797 said:

That’s so interesting. I wonder if this is a common issue, I also haven’t heard back at all but I’ve received an interview for another school and a rejection from Stanford. Hoping to hear something from Davis soon it’s killing me!!

Same here, do you thonk we should folle up with school, in case we didnt get their email?

On 10/5/2021 at 4:05 PM, ggprepa said:

Does anyone know what the interview format is? 

As current student who went through interviews last year, the Virtual format was as follows:

- each interview session had about 40-50 ppl per, which were divided into groups of 10ish with 2 faculty & 1 school admin that helps keep the flow

-were were put in an assignment order (1-10)

- each student was asked to give a brief 1ish minute statement about yourself and it it went in assigned order

- then each student was given an individual question that was random based on your order number & then everyone was given a group question that each student would answer (you had ~5min to brainstorm both questions)

- then each student answered their individual question in order 1-10 & the group question was answered in reverse order (10-1) 

-then they opened it up for questions with any remaining time before you went back to the main zoom room where they did a faculty & student panel about the program and you could ask them questions. They finish up with details about what to expect next from the admission process. 

Overall, it was a pretty low stress format for interviews compared to other interviews I had. They just want to get to know you and see if you are a good fit for their program. This is just how it went for us, I am not sure if they switched it up this year but hope it helps!

• Thanks 8

9 hours ago, futurebayPA said:

The initial interview invite email said: 

"A follow-up email with interview details and reporting instructions will be sent one week prior to your scheduled interview."

Yeah, I haven’t received mine and I interview on the 18th. You? I should probably email the school. Or if anyone can help me out so I don’t go in blind 😕 

On 10/16/2021 at 11:07 AM, ParamedicALS79 said:

Hey everyone! I’m a current first year student at UCD’s PA program. Congrats to everyone who’s been invited for an interview!! I’m here if anyone has questions! 

good luck to all. 

Congrats!! Thanks so much for sharing this information with us! 
is it also okay if I email you direct with questions??

thanks in advance