2021-2022 application cycle

On 12/15/2021 at 3:18 PM, cheznrice said:

Yep. I just checked mine and nothing changed but it says by February. I'm a bit confused on this one though: "Please also indicate your initial decision via email to HS-SONStudentServices@ucdavis.edu as soon as possible, but no later than April 15, 2022." Like this is for now, or do I have to wait until I get the official letter?

I emailed my initial decision to them on Friday and got my official letter this morning

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, uncertainty said:

Thoughts on sending an update letter for those on the waitlist? Since applying, I’ve accumulated an additional ~1000 PCE hours, some volunteer work, community service fundraising, etc. I don’t want to seem desperate and/or want to be a nuisance (but truly I am eagerly waiting for a decision, as most of us are LOL)

If you do choose to update them it wouldn’t hurt, I was waitlisted last year. I updated them with my new stats and they told me if there were any changes they would let me know. They also reminded me that my status could change anytime from the end of June. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2022 at 10:11 AM, uncertainty said:

Thoughts on sending an update letter for those on the waitlist? Since applying, I’ve accumulated an additional ~1000 PCE hours, some volunteer work, community service fundraising, etc. I don’t want to seem desperate and/or want to be a nuisance (but truly I am eagerly waiting for a decision, as most of us are LOL)

I reached out last month as well and I got told that they don’t accept any new updates and if they have any questions about our application they will reach out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats everyone! I was also accepted back in Dec. Is anyone worried about their lower PANCE scores? Or does anyone know why this might be? (Compared to Touro, Samuel Merritt who have higher scores). I have a few other offers I'm considering but would rather go to Davis since it's a bit cheaper and well known. Just really nervous about this since I struggle with standardized tests.

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2022 at 10:34 PM, Xochitl said:

Congrats everyone! I was also accepted back in Dec. Is anyone worried about their lower PANCE scores? Or does anyone know why this might be? (Compared to Touro, Samuel Merritt who have higher scores). I have a few other offers I'm considering but would rather go to Davis since it's a bit cheaper and well known. Just really nervous about this since I struggle with standardized tests.

Holy cow, I didn't realize how low they were. Had always just looked at the "% that ultimately passed" column. Only 71% on first try in 2020 😮

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 10:34 PM, Xochitl said:

UC Davis is not cheap despite it being a public school!

Regarding the low PANCE rates (just taking a wild guess): It's possible that it was mostly NP students that were on a dual track program who were bringing the numbers down. Considering they need to study for two national exams and there's only so much energy/time in a day, they probably (and rightfully) put more focus on the NP national exam than PANCE. They just ended the dual track program so the numbers might spike up with our cohort. 

**** I'm just speculating though. I could be totally wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing this information. Congratulations on getting into a school closer to home. 

On 5/9/2022 at 6:18 PM, futurenephPAS said:

Someone on the waitlist should be getting good news soon! I'll be attending a program closer to home. good luck!!

Thank you for sharing this information and giving us hope! Congratulations on getting into a program closer to home.

• 2 weeks later...