2021-2022 application cycle

On 5/11/2021 at 4:04 PM, sanaz said:

I am hoping to apply by mid jun. did you guys send your essay to anybody to proof  read?

After undergraduate, I utilized Fiverr.com (or something like that) to find a freelance PA who attended Duke to proofread and help me with my personal statement. She used to cost $35-$50 during my first application cycle (2019) but now it is about $100+. So that is a location that was helpful. 

I am completing my Masters in Biomedical Science at Midwestern (intended to raise my GPA and help ppl get into professional healthcare programs) so my advisor and my roommates who are DO students helped to edit my personal statement. I recommend potentially using your advisor (if they have been supportive) since it is cheaper and they know you well!

Otherwise, I hope to apply n abotu two weeks once my final grades come in!! 3rd time applicant!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Friends, 

I hope all and loved ones are well, safe, and healthy. 

I am applying to UC Davis this week! I'm so S-T-O-K-E-D!!!! Still waiting on CASPA Verification. 

First time applying to any PA Program, I've been waiting for this moment for almost twenty years. 

Good luck to all. 

Very Respectfully, 

Ryan C. Martin-Valenzuela, M.S. 

U.S. Navy, Retired 

My Pronouns Are: He/His/Him 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 4:04 PM, sanaz said:

I am hoping to apply by mid jun. did you guys send your essay to anybody to proof  read?

Sent it to the PA who wrote one of my letters of rec and a few other trusted friends + family members. I find that if I send it to too many people, I get overwhelmed easily lol. Plus I only trust the professional judgment of a few people. Good luck! 🙂

On 5/23/2021 at 11:27 AM, jewelmidori said:

I'm guessing yes, but does anyone know for sure if they do rolling admissions?

According to their website:

Q. Does your school operate on a rolling admissions cycle?
A: No, please make sure applications and all required materials are submitted by the deadline for consideration. 

Hope this helps!

1 hour ago, Jake408 said:

@bobafiend Congrats! Great to hear you got verified so quickly. Did you come across any issues during the initial submission and verification process?

- Jake

Thanks!! Nope, no issues at all! I did notice they changed the formatting of how my AP credits were entered. They didn’t kick it back to me or anything though. 

I had four apps to different schools verified at once so that was nice. Kinda bizarre because it was like 8 pm too! 

@bobafiend

Thats nice to hear everything went so smooth for you during this application cycle. I plan to submit CASPA app in the next 1-2 weeks. I hope I don't run into any issues.

Thats wild to hear you had four applications verified so quickly. What schools are you applying to? I'm currently working on my app for Stanford, UC Davis and UOP.

- Jake

4 hours ago, Jake408 said:

@bobafiend

Thats nice to hear everything went so smooth for you during this application cycle. I plan to submit CASPA app in the next 1-2 weeks. I hope I don't run into any issues.

Thats wild to hear you had four applications verified so quickly. What schools are you applying to? I'm currently working on my app for Stanford, UC Davis and UOP.

- Jake

Check your DMs! 🙂