2021-2022 application cycle

47 minutes ago, Fishtale said:

Is this school done sending out interviews? I never heard back from them?

I’m pretty sure their final interview is next week, so, unless they call someone last minute to fill an empty spot. Sorry!! This is my third year being rejected by them, lol. They’ll probably send out updates in early Nov per past experience. 

1 hour ago, alysd said:

I’m pretty sure their final interview is next week, so, unless they call someone last minute to fill an empty spot. Sorry!! This is my third year being rejected by them, lol. They’ll probably send out updates in early Nov per past experience. 

ugh I had a feeling that in this case no news, was not good news.

On 10/11/2021 at 2:42 PM, Halicorinne said:

As current student who went through interviews last year, the Virtual format was as follows:

- each interview session had about 40-50 ppl per, which were divided into groups of 10ish with 2 faculty & 1 school admin that helps keep the flow

-were were put in an assignment order (1-10)

- each student was asked to give a brief 1ish minute statement about yourself and it it went in assigned order

- then each student was given an individual question that was random based on your order number & then everyone was given a group question that each student would answer (you had ~5min to brainstorm both questions)

- then each student answered their individual question in order 1-10 & the group question was answered in reverse order (10-1) 

-then they opened it up for questions with any remaining time before you went back to the main zoom room where they did a faculty & student panel about the program and you could ask them questions. They finish up with details about what to expect next from the admission process. 

Overall, it was a pretty low stress format for interviews compared to other interviews I had. They just want to get to know you and see if you are a good fit for their program. This is just how it went for us, I am not sure if they switched it up this year but hope it helps!

Hey all so I just heard that interviews are actually very different than last year! its more of a 1-on-1 format. you should still prepare the same as you would and it will actually be to your benefit bc they will have a better opportunity to get to know you.

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2021 at 3:52 PM, alysd said:

Does their website say when they do interviews? I didn’t receive anything and just wanted to make sure. Did they say they’re done? Thanks for the news.

46 minutes ago, FUTUREPAAA2022 said:

Does their website say when they do interviews? I didn’t receive anything and just wanted to make sure. Did they say they’re done? Thanks for the news.

I believe interviews were conducted on October 18, 20, 22, 25, 27, and 28. At least those were the dates that we were given to choose from. In terms of additional interviews, I’m not too sure, based on other years within this forum early November is when we find out if we get to move towards the supplemental application. I hope this info was helpful!

37 minutes ago, DreamPA2021 said:

Does anyone know how many people were interviewed, how many are accepted, and when they make those decisions? 🙂

During the info session yesterday they said they interview a few 100, there’s 65 seats & they try to let ppl know their decisions before the holidays, mid Dec. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Fishtale said:

they are officially done with interviews then? I have heard nothing from this school at all?

I went to the last info session on Friday and we were told to expect some sort of email next week regarding the secondary application. I’m guessing that means interviews are completed. Mid-December is when we hear back regarding about acceptance after turning in the secondary applications. Seems like this is how UCD conducts their application process base on this info and the previous years’ forums. 

Hey guys, I forgot to check back at this thread, I guess I also did not get a interview invite! Congrats and good luck to those that did! 

to those reading this is in future years, my advice would be to cast a WIDE net of schools, apply to all sorts of schools because from my experience each school is unique and wants something different so the more types of schools you apply too the better your chances!! 

good luck everyone! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2