2021-2022 Application cycle

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, jgunn14 said:

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard back after getting the “you remain in consideration” email? My email has been radio silent and I’m almost convinced something is wrong with it lol I know July isn’t over yet but the nerves are finally starting to hit!

Hi jgunn14, same here. Hold tight and we’ll hear from someone. You could also send them an email to ask for an update. 

6 hours ago, billdwebster said:

Hi jgunn14, same here. Hold tight and we’ll hear from someone. You could also send them an email to ask for an update. 

Hi! I actually sent an email because I couldn’t control myself haha but I did get an update that they have extended their deadline to September 1st and that the “remain in consideration” status will be considered until the end of interviews in November! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jgunn14 said:

Hi! I actually sent an email because I couldn’t control myself haha but I did get an update that they have extended their deadline to September 1st and that the “remain in consideration” status will be considered until the end of interviews in November! 

Aw man, thanks for sharing this! I was anxiously checking my email as well, only for it to be empty lol. This waiting game is rough. So basically it all depends on how current interviews go for those who “remain in consideration”? 

49 minutes ago, almondmilk said:

Aw man, thanks for sharing this! I was anxiously checking my email as well, only for it to be empty lol. This waiting game is rough. So basically it all depends on how current interviews go for those who “remain in consideration”? 

That’s how I understood it, it might also depend on anyone else who decides to apply during the next month since the deadline was extended. The dreaded waiting game continues lol good luck!

38 minutes ago, hanibans said:

hi everyone! also got placed in the “remains in consideration” pile lol. thank you @jgunn14 for reaching out for that info, it definitely changes things knowing the deadline got extended. going to try my best to not obsessively check my emails 😂

It’s definitely nerve wracking waiting to hear back lol good luck!

• Like 1

Has anyone attended one of the Virtual Open House events? I have watched the pre-recorded one offered but wanted to try to attend a live one. Do participants turn on cameras? Trying to see if I could attend during my lunch break at work for this next session, but I would be in scrubs. Thank you in advance! 

18 hours ago, CHJ5396 said:

Has anyone attended one of the Virtual Open House events? I have watched the pre-recorded one offered but wanted to try to attend a live one. Do participants turn on cameras? Trying to see if I could attend during my lunch break at work for this next session, but I would be in scrubs. Thank you in advance! 

I would do a live one. You get to ask questions with current students so it is pretty neat. You don't HAVE to turn your camera on. I was at work as well and tuned in during my lunch break. 

11 hours ago, Megalodon said:

Anyone that has been to an open house have any details? I know it’s a zoom call but do I need to be prepared with any questions or anything? 

The open house presentation are amazing!! Allan Platt goes through a detailed presentation about the program and the admissions requirements. Two students are also on. Students answer questions in the chat box throughout the presentation if I remember correctly. The two students introduce themselves and then ask for any questions! Be prepared to be on camera and ask questions out loud at the end if you have any. It’s a lot of fun!!