2021-2022 Application cycle

12 minutes ago, RageCakes said:

I was notified that I was accepted from Kaye, so I just replied to her. She replied, “welcome to the emoryPA family,” and that’s where I’m at in the process so far. Still eagerly waiting for an official acceptance with more info, but relieved that I’m going to PA school! I think you did it right!

Okay great. I replied to Kaye but still haven’t heard anything back, I did send the email later last night though. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, shmada said:

Does anyone know how far Emory has moved down the waitlist so far? The last I saw in this thread is that #14 was accepted, but maybe someone has heard something from an accepted waitlister that was further down? Still holding out hope here!

I am hoping the exact same thing! Checking the thread like crazy!

Deposits are due the 7th so anyone on the fence will likely make a decision this week!

Speaking of, Is anyone else who has been accepted kind of confused on the instructions to pay? I made my account, I got the instructions that said it was due to 7th but then also another email that said to wait for the COVID vaccine requirements? But obviously it’s the 5th now so can’t wait much longer…. I am tempted to just pay it because I already have all COVID vaccines you can have and any vaccines I am missing I will obviously just get… 

also is anyone going to go to the open house? 

happy new year everyone! 

29 minutes ago, DEPA21 said:

Deposits are due the 7th so anyone on the fence will likely make a decision this week!

Speaking of, Is anyone else who has been accepted kind of confused on the instructions to pay? I made my account, I got the instructions that said it was due to 7th but then also another email that said to wait for the COVID vaccine requirements? But obviously it’s the 5th now so can’t wait much longer…. I am tempted to just pay it because I already have all COVID vaccines you can have and any vaccines I am missing I will obviously just get… 

happy new year everyone! 

Happy new year! Yeah, some confusing instructions have been coming out. I’m sure things will get clearer soon. I already paid the deposit from following the previous instructions, but I’m guessing they must need to verify vaccination status? I’m sure others have paid too. I would just verify it with Kaye maybe.

Yes, I will be at the open house, unless the date changes too many times for me to adapt to. Hopefully COVID will chill out a bit so we can do that. How about you?

So, does anyone who’s accepted know of a group chat for our cohort yet? Would love a better platform for chatting. If not, maybe we could ask Allan to help with that?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, DEPA21 said:

happy new year everyone! 

I haven’t paid the deposit yet just because Kaye said to wait until she sends out official acceptances. I am sure something will be sent today since the 7th is tomorrow and that’s the original due date. I also haven’t been able to change my OPUS password bc I haven’t paid it. I plan on attending the open house on March 5th now. Bummer they postponed it. 

On 1/5/2022 at 2:47 PM, RageCakes said:

Happy new year! Yeah, some confusing instructions have been coming out. I’m sure things will get clearer soon. I already paid the deposit from following the previous instructions, but I’m guessing they must need to verify vaccination status? I’m sure others have paid too. I would just verify it with Kaye maybe.

Yes, I will be at the open house, unless the date changes too many times for me to adapt to. Hopefully COVID will chill out a bit so we can do that. How about you?

So, does anyone who’s accepted know of a group chat for our cohort yet? Would love a better platform for chatting. If not, maybe we could ask Allan to help with that?

I was wondering if there was a GroupMe or chat as well so we could go ahead and meet or talk! I sent Kaye my acceptance but I haven’t received anything else other than the email about the deposit deadline being delayed. I also saw someone post something about OPUS? Were we supposed to receive login information for something after accepting?

On 1/8/2022 at 1:10 PM, Medic2PA21 said:

I was wondering if there was a GroupMe or chat as well so we could go ahead and meet or talk! I sent Kaye my acceptance but I haven’t received anything else other than the email about the deposit deadline being delayed. I also saw someone post something about OPUS? Were we supposed to receive login information for something after accepting?

Yes. I'm sure you'll get sent some login info soon, but maybe they delayed that too since the deposit was delayed. It was basically login stuff related to the deposit.

I emailed Allan just now asking about a more official group chat. I'll let this forum know what he says.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:34 PM, RageCakes said:

Regarding a group chat for those who were accepted:

Emory will set up an official Facebook page for the class of 2024 once everyone has an Emory email set up. They are also planning a zoom session once some more things get set up.

Our class (c/o 2017) used Facebook but honestly had WhatsApp/telegram/etc. been more popular back then we probably could have used that too (esp. for things like....um, no ones here -did the location of class change?!)

A HUGE congratulations to those accepted this year!!! You will not regret your decision. There are other great schools out  there but Emory truly is a top tier school. The depth and breadth of knowledge you will have coming out of Emory is miles better than most other programs. The QUALITY of your education is much better than 95% of the other programs (I precept local PA students--you all will be better) and your rotations are AMAZING. Highly recommend cardic ICU at emory main campus and St. Francis surgical rotations in Colorado Springs (if still offered) as rotations. If anyone wants to know more about setting up a rotation with St. Francis or with Medcor Yellowstone (yes, the national park), reach out to me directly. I would offer a primary care rotation in Estes Park, Colorado at my office but we aren't taking students from programs other than established ones right now. 😞

Edited by Colorado
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all! I was just accepted off the waitlist and would love to chat with some of the other accepted students. I have to decide between accepting Emory's offer or staying with another program I already committed to and I have some questions that might help make the decision a little easier. If there is a group chat or someone individually that wouldn't mind answering some questions please message me! Thank you!