A.T. Still - Central Coast PA program (developing PA program in Santa Maria)

I finished both interviews a few weeks ago and I just received an email that I am now being considered for the waitlist and the 90th slot was offered. It was stated there are still opportunities to come off the wait list as well as “other opportunities”. Not sure what it means but I am praying I can get off the waitlist! Any currently accepted students that have heard of other students possibly accepting other offers? 

8 minutes ago, shyanimelover said:

For those who were accepted do you mind sharing stats. I really love this program but I am worried my gpa is too low (my cGPA is a 2.76)

I shared my stats a few pages back if you go back you'll see it, I think page 5/8 i replied to someone who asked! Also to add to that post, I graduated undergrad with a super low GPA, we're talking about low 2.0s, I'm sure the admissions committee noticed but I also did everything and more to get it up and showed upward progress in my last and most recent 30, 45, 60 units. Good luck!! 

20 minutes ago, prepa6654 said:

I shared my stats a few pages back if you go back you'll see it, I think page 5/8 i replied to someone who asked! Also to add to that post, I graduated undergrad with a super low GPA, we're talking about low 2.0s, I'm sure the admissions committee noticed but I also did everything and more to get it up and showed upward progress in my last and most recent 30, 45, 60 units. Good luck!! 

your last 60 credits is amazing. I am worried mine isnt because its a 3.36. I got an F in immunology but I am retaking it so it brought down my last 60 credits quite a bit so im stressed but I am retaking it in August. 

6 hours ago, shyanimelover said:

your last 60 credits is amazing. I am worried mine isnt because its a 3.36. I got an F in immunology but I am retaking it so it brought down my last 60 credits quite a bit so im stressed but I am retaking it in August. 

It's not super great because my cGPA was still average but I definitely had an upward trend that was noticeable. Yeah if you failed any classes you definitely should retake them as well so you are on the right track for sure! 

Hello everyone! Congratulations to those that got accepted and to those who went through the interview process! I was wondering if anyone has heard back about their waitlist number or knows when we may hear back? Any information is appreciated. 

Edited by mk750

19 hours ago, mk750 said:

Hello everyone! Congratulations to those that got accepted and to those who went through the interview process! I was wondering if anyone has heard back about their waitlist number or knows when we may hear back? Any information is appreciated. 

Hi! I emailed them back a few weeks ago. I was informed that decisions regarding who will be on the waitlist will be determined at the end of this month and we will be notified once decided. Crossing my fingers for all of us being considered! 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mk750 said:

I have not heard back yet, but someone on this page mentioned how they were given a waitlist number. 

Hi! I don’t think anyone has been placed on the waitlist yet. When I emailed them two weeks ago they told me they have a meeting for choosing waitlist candidates during the last week of July. So we should be hearing back soon! 

40 minutes ago, firstgenPA said:

any news as to how the program will handle waitlisted applicants? I heard that they may reuse the same application or they may be automatically interviewed for the next cycle

I reached out to admissions last week, I was told they would inform us if we’ve been placed on the waitlist (or not) near the end of august. Hopefully by then they’ll also let us know if we need to reapply for next years cohort. 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2021 at 1:02 PM, firstgenPA said:

any news as to how the program will handle waitlisted applicants? I heard that they may reuse the same application or they may be automatically interviewed for the next cycle

Hi! Earlier this week I received a call with an offer to be on the waitlist. I went ahead and accepted this and they said the waitlist remains until September (when orientation begins for the first class). I asked the person who called me if I should apply for next cycle or wait and they told me I could start applying again for the next cycle. Hope that helps!

• Like 1