A.T. Still - Central Coast PA program (developing PA program in Santa Maria)

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, MirandaVta97 said:

Does anyone know if it is too late to apply?

@MirandaVta97

It is definitely not too late! The application is open until April 2021

Hope that helps!

We have a Virtual Information Session January 13th that is free for those who would like to ask questions with the Program Director.

Sincerely,
PA Wilson

17 hours ago, Kalynn1922 said:

Hello!

I was curious if anyone knows what the different location or even just the states that the community health centers are for the clinical year for this program? 

Hawaii, South Florida, Bronx NY, Kansas, St. Louis, Cali, Oklahoma. 

There may be more but that's what I have written down 😊

Hi guys I made another student Group (aside from the one that I found on FB which has ASTU as moderator- which still hasn't accepted me) to join if Accepted.

Let me know if you want to be a Moderator as well, as I've never made a Group before on here.

Join it if you've been accepted and want to,   so we can all talk and meet our classmates! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1031610950681886

Edited by prepagirl94

16 hours ago, Kalynn1922 said:

Do you mind me asking where you got this information?

I got this directly from the program director during the interview. I was interested about the locations of CHCs and he ran through the list with me. I don't recall if I wrote everything down as I was trying to be as attentive as possible! I'm sure if you contact Tina, she can share that info with you. 

1 hour ago, ninjahmc said:

I got this directly from the program director during the interview. I was interested about the locations of CHCs and he ran through the list with me. I don't recall if I wrote everything down as I was trying to be as attentive as possible! I'm sure if you contact Tina, she can share that info with you. 

@ninjahmc  @Kalynn1922

We have approximately 20 CHCs across the country 🙂

We have a virtual information session that you can attend to find out more

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2021 at 2:42 PM, swilson01 said:It is definitely not too late! The application is open until April 2021

Hope that helps!

We have a Virtual Information Session January 13th that is free for those who would like to ask questions with the Program Director.

Sincerely,
PA Wilson

@swilson01Thank you for this information! I will definitely be joining on the virtual session this week. I was wondering, if we get an interview for 2A do we automatically get an interview for 2B or are they both separate? 

thank you!

18 hours ago, jchavz said:

@swilson01Thank you for this information! I will definitely be joining on the virtual session this week. I was wondering, if we get an interview for 2A do we automatically get an interview for 2B or are they both separate? 

thank you!

Great question! If you complete 2A then you will be invited for 2B and then 2C 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Natalie1616 said:

What is a competitive overall and science GPA your program is looking for? Thank you! 

Great question. Our website has some great information as well: https://www.atsu.edu/chc/admissions/admissions-requirements

Hope this helps, but if you have any additional questions please let me know!

Thank you,

PA Wilson

Application Requirements

The following requirements must be fulfilled prior to application to the Central Coast Physician Assistant (CCPA) program:

• Demonstrate a minimum 2.5 cumulative overall grade point average*
  • Demonstrate a minimum 2.5 cumulative science grade point average*
  • Successfully complete all prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or higher**
    • Human Anatomy & Physiology with or without lab – 6 semester credits
    • Microbiology with or without lab – 3 semester credits
    • General Chemistry with or without lab – 6 semester credits
    • College Statistics – 3 semester credits
    • Medical Terminology – 1 semester credits