A.T. Still - Central Coast PA program (developing PA program in Santa Maria)

1 hour ago, prepa6654 said:

After meeting the faculty and admissions, I am going to say in the short amount of interaction I've had with them, whether it was via email, weekend webinar, interviews and meeting the director. I was extremely inspired. I wasn't even in the program yet but already I can feel the commitment and dedication they have to this program. Most importantly above all that, every single admission committee has mentioned their history and current active work with the underserved community. It speaks volumes and shows a lot about the character of this program. If I didn't get in this cycle, I 1000% would have applied once again. 

Thank you for this feedback!

I am in the middle of applying for this cycle- I am so excited and looking forward to hearing back. 

Since it's a new program (not yet accredited) I fear the unknown lol

Did you applied to other programs prior to hearing back from A.T Still~Santa Maria?

7 hours ago, prepa6654 said:

Ah I see! You got this, sending you good energy for your applications! Also I see what you mean about the risk. However to get accreditation the program must start somewhere, so if not now then eventually next year or the year after they will have to matriculate students to get the program running. The accreditation will be based on program organization, curriculum, clinical rotation/preceptorship and learning environment and it can't be done if the program isn't running. Also AT Still already has an established continued accredited program running in AZ currently, so it is likely they have close ties to mirroring an already well established PA program. I guess I won't think too much of it until April comes as that is when we will find out about provisional status with Santa Maria. Just from my personal experience thus far, this program has been explicit and transparent and have said that if it does not work out in that way as planned, deposits will be returned (as stated in the FAQ pdf). So yeah I'm stoked about this program!! I'll still re-apply next cycle if this cycle doesn't pan out.  WOO!  And yeah, I applied to like 30 other schools~ 🙂 Good luck to you!!! 

What's your source for hearing about accreditation in April?? I thought it was June that we would hear back 🥶

On 1/27/2021 at 8:16 PM, prepa6654 said:

After meeting the faculty and admissions, I am going to say in the short amount of interaction I've had with them, whether it was via email, weekend webinar, interviews and meeting the director. I was extremely inspired. I wasn't even in the program yet but already I can feel the commitment and dedication they have to this program. Most importantly above all that, every single admission committee has mentioned their history and current active work with the underserved community. It speaks volumes and shows a lot about the character of this program. If I didn't get in this cycle, I 1000% would have applied once again. 

Hi, 

Congrats!!! I also feel the same about the program after my interviews last week. 

I just want to ask how long did it take you to hear back from the program after your final interview? 

On 1/27/2021 at 9:09 PM, prepa6654 said:

Just wanted to tell everyone I got the call, I'm in!!! I'm extremely stoked for this program. It's going to be life-changing! Wooo!! 🎉🎉🎉 Looking forward to meeting the cohort this Fall!

Woohoo!! Yay congrats @prepa6654!!! How soon after your final interview did you hear back from the program?

On 1/29/2021 at 12:40 PM, carolng233 said:

Hi, 

Congrats!!! I also feel the same about the program after my interviews last week. 

I just want to ask how long did it take you to hear back from the program after your final interview? 

23 hours ago, PrePAOra said:

Woohoo!! Yay congrats @prepa6654!!! How soon after your final interview did you hear back from the program?

Hi there to answer to you both @PrePAOra @carolng233, it was about almost a month, 3 weeks to a month that I got the call! Agonizing to wait but very happy with the outcome! 

On 1/30/2021 at 2:28 PM, prepa6654 said:

Thank you, my strengths are with my experiences mostly. 

Overall GPA: not competitive at all --> this was what was dragging me down but I have 9 years since my undergrad GPA, recent academic activity is more reflective.

Master GPA: 3.6, Last 45: 3.68, Last 60: 3.63

Total Hours of PCE (back office MA): 6120 

Total Hours of HCE (increasing since I am currently a COVID case manager for the county): 320 

Volunteers hours: 484

Research hours: 800, defended my thesis on researching focusing on underserved community 

Total PA shadowing hours: 502 (Dermatology PA, Family Practice PA)

LOR: 2 PA, 1 Professor (my PI who I do research for)

Hope that gave you some insight! Thank you ! 

Thank you so much!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Natalieee said:

To those who received the modules, do you mind sharing your stats to see where they are with an average GPA and hours of experience? Thank you so much!

Hi there, 

I was accepted to ATSU CCPA in December and am so excited that you're in the process of applying! One of the things that I absolutely loved about this program is that they look beyond just your stats, experience, etc., and really just want to know about YOU and your passion for the PA profession, serving your community, and serving the overlooked. I know you're asking about stats, but I hope it gives you some comfort to know that this program will not let your GPA/stats define who you are and what you want. Both during the virtual information session and during the actual interview with the program director, they really emphasize that they just want to know us as people and that they specifically made the GPA requirement lower than other programs because a lot of times incredible applicants are looked over due to their stats; above average stats/experience/GPA isn't all that makes a great PA and this program really spotlights that which is something that really resonated with me about ATSU CCPA. I can personally tell you that my GPA/GRE/stats was far below average, however, this program saw past that and allowed me the chance to showcase who I am off paper. So I recommend you really focus on those supplemental essays and modules and put your heart into those responses because they really just want to get to know you! You are going to do great and I hope to see you accepted soon! 🙂

• Like 3

17 hours ago, PA1304 said:

Hi there, 

I was accepted to ATSU CCPA in December and am so excited that you're in the process of applying! One of the things that I absolutely loved about this program is that they look beyond just your stats, experience, etc., and really just want to know about YOU and your passion for the PA profession, serving your community, and serving the overlooked. I know you're asking about stats, but I hope it gives you some comfort to know that this program will not let your GPA/stats define who you are and what you want. Both during the virtual information session and during the actual interview with the program director, they really emphasize that they just want to know us as people and that they specifically made the GPA requirement lower than other programs because a lot of times incredible applicants are looked over due to their stats; above average stats/experience/GPA isn't all that makes a great PA and this program really spotlights that which is something that really resonated with me about ATSU CCPA. I can personally tell you that my GPA/GRE/stats was far below average, however, this program saw past that and allowed me the chance to showcase who I am off paper. So I recommend you really focus on those supplemental essays and modules and put your heart into those responses because they really just want to get to know you! You are going to do great and I hope to see you accepted soon! 🙂

Hi! Thank you for that! I an looking forward to hearing back from this program. I am very impressed with this program’s philosophy! If you don’t mind, how long did it take for you to hear back after this program let you know that your application was complete and ready to review?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I see many of you are asking about the time it takes from application completion to hear back from CCPA and want info. I heard back in about 1-2 months. They send all information via email and its very easy to get information from them through there. You do modules, the faculty interview and then the director interview. I just did the faculty interview last week and let me tell you it went so well. I thought I'd be more nervous but to be honest the interview is done so well and they make you feel extremely comfortable. Literally all you need to do is be yourself! After the interview, I felt even more excited about this program!!!! I love what they stand for and the education they will provide us! I will be doing my director interview next and hopefully I'll hear from them soon after that. If this is your first, second, third time applying to PA school DO NOT LOSE HOPE. You got this! You are meant to be here! This is your journey and you are more than ready! Good luck to everyone! 

Greetings to all potential applicants,

I'm writing on behalf of the faculty at the Santa Maria, ATSU Central Coast California PA program. We are delighted to announce that we have decided to extend our application cycle for the cohort starting October 2021.

We have extended the deadline until May 31, 2021

1. You can apply on the University website since we are not utilizing CASPA this year.

If you would like to receive emails from our department about upcoming Online Virtual Information Sessions please fill out this GoogleForm. We will be sending webinar registration emails to those who sign up. At these sessions you will be able to meet some of our faculty and staff as well as ask questions about our program.

Reach out to the admission department if you have any questions admissions@atsu.edu.

If you have questions please note we do not routinely monitor this forum, however we will be able to answer questions for those who attend the information sessions or who reach out to us in the googleform (link above).

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Sara Wilson, MPAS, PA-C

Curriculum Coordinator CCPA Program

• Like 5

On 3/10/2021 at 11:48 AM, swilson01 said:

Greetings to all potential applicants,

I'm writing on behalf of the faculty at the Santa Maria, ATSU Central Coast California PA program. We are delighted to announce that we have decided to extend our application cycle for the cohort starting October 2021.

We have extended the deadline until May 31, 2021

1. You can apply on the University website since we are not utilizing CASPA this year.

If you would like to receive emails from our department about upcoming Online Virtual Information Sessions please fill out this GoogleForm. We will be sending webinar registration emails to those who sign up. At these sessions you will be able to meet some of our faculty and staff as well as ask questions about our program.

Reach out to the admission department if you have any questions admissions@atsu.edu.

If you have questions please note we do not routinely monitor this forum, however we will be able to answer questions for those who attend the information sessions or who reach out to us in the googleform (link above).

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Sara Wilson, MPAS, PA-C

Curriculum Coordinator CCPA Program

For those who are interested in the dates of the upcoming Virtual Information Session (Webinar) I will list them below.

All individuals who have filled out the googleform to opt-in to receive emails will be sent the link to register for the webinar and ask questions with our faculty live.

Please note all of these are PST

Mar 20, 2021 02:00 PM
Mar 24, 2021 04:00 PM
Apr 7, 2021 04:00 PM
Apr 10, 2021 12:00 PM
Apr 17, 2021 12:00 PM
Apr 21, 2021 04:00 PM

• 2 weeks later...