A.T. Still - Central Coast PA program (developing PA program in Santa Maria)

Hi everyone! Now that they extended the deadline, is there anybody who was planning to wait to apply until the new cycle now considering applying this cycle? I had assumed I would just wait, but now that they extended to May 31st I’m on the fence. I know there are limited seats left so I’m not sure. 

On 3/27/2021 at 1:30 PM, alysd said:

Hi everyone! Now that they extended the deadline, is there anybody who was planning to wait to apply until the new cycle now considering applying this cycle? I had assumed I would just wait, but now that they extended to May 31st I’m on the fence. I know there are limited seats left so I’m not sure. 

I would still go for it and apply this cycle still. in most programs, people give up their seats for other schools so there is a chance more spots could open up as well. Then as insurance, apply for the upcoming cycle to other schools as well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Super excited!

I received my acceptance call earlier today. I wasn't expecting to hear back for another week or so. A great way to celebrate my birthday - one of the BEST birthday gifts I have ever received.

I look forward to meeting my fellow classmates and wish everyone who has applied and waiting for the call, the BEST of luck!

By the way, the acceptance call came 4 weeks to the day after my first interview :).

So Blessed!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, monztran said:

I have my first interview coming up, is there ANY advice ANYONE could give me? 

For the first interview, which is the MMI style I believe, I recommend taking it one station at a time and be prepared for a variety of questions. If you feel like you messed up in one section, just regroup and focus on the next. Without giving away too much info, really think about the theme of this program, which is assisting underserved communities. Also, recall the canvas modules we had to complete.

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 11:08 PM, Unstoppable77 said:

Super excited!

I received my acceptance call earlier today. I wasn't expecting to hear back for another week or so. A great way to celebrate my birthday - one of the BEST birthday gifts I have ever received.

I look forward to meeting my fellow classmates and wish everyone who has applied and waiting for the call, the BEST of luck!

By the way, the acceptance call came 4 weeks to the day after my first interview :).

So Blessed!!!

For those of you being accepted, have you visited the campus? I am looking into this program for next year. What do

you look forward to most about this program?

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, MaradyMcFly said:

I got my acceptance call earlier today!! Was not expecting a call this week so it was an awesome surprise!

For those accepted, I'm excited to meet you all!

For those waiting, good luck!! Just be yourself. The faculty and staff are awesome and genuinely interested in knowing you.

Congratulations! can you share when you last interview took place? 

36 minutes ago, ARHEES said:

Does anyone mind sharing how you prepared for the interview? 

For the first interview, I reviewed my answers for the questions on the application. I also had a general idea of how to discuss my personal goals/values and how they line up with their mission. Prepped for basic questions including ideas like why PA, strengths/weaknesses, interests, time management skills, stress management, ethical situations etc. For the director interview, I didn't prep since I anticipated it would be more conversational. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, kram1993 said:

I hope so! I submitted my app last week and I haven’t received anything yet, besides confirmation that they have my app. When did you apply?

Indeed we are still interviewing for the Oct 2021 starting class. However, the application deadlines for the Oct 2021 start has now ended (as of May 31), and we have started accepting applications for the Oct 2022 application cycle.

Hope that helps!

We offer Virtual Information Sessions (similar to an online open house) throughout the month where you can ask questions live to our faculty members or Program Director.

Here is a link to register to attend any upcoming sessions.

Please join us for ATSU's

Central Coast
Physician Assistant Program

Virtual Information Session

A.T. Still University is excited to announce the developing Physician Assistant (PA) Program in Santa Maria, California has started accepting applications for enrollment. 

Anticipated program start October 2021.

Join us for an opportunity to become familiar with the mission of
ATSU’s developing and innovative Central Coast Physician Assistant
(CCPA) program and to ask questions with members of the faculty.

Register for our upcoming session by clicking this link

If you have any additional questions or would like more information please feel free to contact us at ccpap@atsu.edu 

For additional information please see our website and FAQ page.

Disclaimer
This message is sent to you because your email address is on our subscriber's list. If you are not interested in receiving more emails like this one, reply to this message with 'unsubscribe' in the subject line or click here. Thank you.

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

PA Wilson

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1