A.T. Still - Central Coast PA program (developing PA program in Santa Maria)

On 1/19/2021 at 2:30 PM, swilson01 said:

Great question. Our website has some great information as well: https://www.atsu.edu/chc/admissions/admissions-requirements

Hope this helps, but if you have any additional questions please let me know!

Thank you,

PA Wilson

Application Requirements

The following requirements must be fulfilled prior to application to the Central Coast Physician Assistant (CCPA) program:

• Demonstrate a minimum 2.5 cumulative overall grade point average*
  • Demonstrate a minimum 2.5 cumulative science grade point average*
  • Successfully complete all prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or higher**
    • Human Anatomy & Physiology with or without lab – 6 semester credits
    • Microbiology with or without lab – 3 semester credits
    • General Chemistry with or without lab – 6 semester credits
    • College Statistics – 3 semester credits
    • Medical Terminology – 1 semester credits

Is there a time limit where Prerequisites expire ? 

42 minutes ago, swilson01 said:

We do not have limits on how long ago the prerequisites were taken, however it is recommended they are more recent (within the last 5 years) but it is not mandatory.

Hope that helps!

When will ATSU- Santa Maria find out about their accreditation?

I am applying to this school, and hope they do get their provisional accreditation! Everything about this program sounds amazing. 

36 minutes ago, kram1993 said:

When will ATSU- Santa Maria find out about their accreditation?

I am applying to this school, and hope they do get their provisional accreditation! Everything about this program sounds amazing. 

Great question! We will find out the end of June. We will announce it here on the forum as well. The other site to check on accreditation status is the ARC-PA Website (link here)

Hope that helps!

On 6/15/2021 at 4:23 PM, swilson01 said:

Great question! We will find out the end of June. We will announce it here on the forum as well. The other site to check on accreditation status is the ARC-PA Website (link here)

Hope that helps!

I have tried not to focus on the accreditation status. How does this affect the students? Does it come down to the ability to get loans?

1 hour ago, KH757PA said:

I have tried not to focus on the accreditation status. How does this affect the students? Does it come down to the ability to get loans?

It has more to do with the ability to start the program and actually matriculate incoming students who were accepted for this cycle.  The big picture of accreditation and its' overall importance for us specifically as students, is that it grants us ability to sit and be eligible for the PANCE boards and obtain the license to practice. 

image.png.b753fbe866bd1425575aec4c59e2baf1.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

image.thumb.png.1f5bd86a26948cf034fdd15e56fd9827.png

I highly recommend to review this page about ARC-PA and PA Program accreditation FAQ: http://www.arc-pa.org/frequently-asked-questions/

Another page to visit is the NCCPA just to get an idea of how accreditation of the program affects PANCE Eligibility: https://www.nccpa.net/pance-eligibility

It gives you a lot of insight on the process! 

For myself, I genuinely believe in this program and this school and their mission. 👏👏👏

50 minutes ago, monztran said:

Im in the current cohort right now that will start in Oct and not sure if this is solid or not, but there was talk that our final classmate was accepted. However, there is still hope! Some classmates may get accepted into other programs and give their seat up! 

May I ask where you got the info from?

20 hours ago, Elephant120 said:

Does anyone know if we applied this cycle but didnt get a call, do we have to apply again for the 2021-2022 cycle?

Hello there, this is a good question as I am wondering the same. I recently had my interview this past week and wondering if I must re-apply (for 2022 cycle) in the case that I am not accepted this year...?