A.T. Still - Central Coast PA program (developing PA program in Santa Maria)

Numerous applicants have private messaged me, seeking insight regarding the modules and interviews. Each time someone asks about these processes, I encourage their success on the modules and interviews without providing details about those steps. It would be unfair if those people seeking insight were given details and the opportunity to further prepare for the modules and interviews when others, such as myself, were not given the same chances. Also, I believe there is a non-disclosure agreement regarding the modules and interviews for those who have completed those steps. I hope that, when applicants are seeking insight from people who have completed the modules and interviews, the applicants are not being given an unfair advantage. I believe that, if you complete the application and modules, then you are automatically granted interviews. If you are applying to CCPA Program, then you are probably prepared to complete the modules and interviews. You will do great! Believe in yourselves!

Edited by Joemonkey
  • Like 6

On 11/12/2020 at 2:20 PM, swilson01 said:

Hi @ninjahmc

As soon as you complete the modules in Canvas send an email to the ccpap@atsu.edu email account that you have completed them.

You can also review the Canvas invitation email that has some more details regarding the instructions 🙂

If you have already sent an email let me know and I'll reach out to our administration for further assistance 😄

Thank you,

PA Wilson

I reached out after completing and got a reply a few days later. About a week after, I got an email with updated steps. Thanks for your reply!! 😁

16 hours ago, Joemonkey said:

Has anyone received an email from Canvas regarding an assignment about evaluations? I cannot login to Canvas and view the assignment...

Hi, yes I did! I was able to view it and it was basically just rubric evaluations that I think the faculty uses. Nothing for us or anything that we needed to do on our end! Hope that helps 🙂

17 hours ago, Sneuber said:

Has anyone heard back recently on the Canvas part of the process?  I am just curious about how long after receiving the verification of everything being submitted email it took to receive the information for the next step (canvas).  Thank you!

@Sneuber

Hi there, great question. It depends on the Admissions department. Once all the information is received in the application portal the Admissions team at ATSU reviews all the necessary documents. Once they have reviewed the information they then send the information to the PA department for the next steps. It may take some time depending on the number of applicants at the time and also if they are awaiting files/documents to be received for review.

If you have not heard from them or have additional questions you can also reach out to admission at admissions@atsu.edu

Hope that helps!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, landen47 said:

I received an email about canvas and completing modules but when I click the link in the email it takes me to my.atsu and I am unable to login. Did anyone else have a similar experience? 

Yes this happened to me too! I think we are still waiting to receive  another email to register 

3 hours ago, MLPALA said:

Yes this happened to me too! I think we are still waiting to receive  another email to register 

@landen47 @MLPALA It appears our office Admin is aware of this issue. We are looking into the problem and we should know more on Monday. Stay tuned.

-Sara Wilson, MPAS, PA-C

Preclinical Curriculum Coordinator CCPA Program

On 12/14/2020 at 4:59 PM, jchavz said:

Do you mind just letting us know if the modules are through zoom? or typed? or multiple choice questions?

The online modules part I are dong through a learning management system (Canvas) on your own. The second part of the modules are via interview with the faculty through zoom.

Hope that helps!

-Sara Wilson, MPAS, PA-C

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 5:30 PM, CelinaF said:

Is it too late to apply? I see they are rolling admissions, but application does not close until July 2021... 

@CelinaF Definitely not too late at all!! Our program is rolling admissions, and we will have the application open until April 2021. Then we will close the application for a month prior to opening it up for the next cycle 🙂

Hope that helps!

-Sara Wilson, MPAS, PA-C

• Like 1