A.T. Still - Central Coast PA program (developing PA program in Santa Maria)

Greetings to all potential applicants,

I'm writing on behalf of the faculty at the Santa Maria, Central Coast California PA program. We are delighted to announce that our application cycle has now started July 1. You can apply on the University website since we are not utilizing CASPA this year.

If you would like to receive emails from our department about upcoming Online Information Sessions please fill out this GoogleForm. We will be sending webinar registration emails to those who sign up. At these sessions you will be able to meet some of our faculty and staff as well as ask questions about our program.

Reach out to the admission department if you have any questions admissions@atsu.edu.

If you have questions please note we do not routinely monitor this forum, however we will be able to answer questions for those who attend the information sessions or who reach out to us in the googleform.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Sara Wilson, MPAS, PA-C

Curriculum Coordinator CCPA Program

Edited by swilson01
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 3:22 PM, swilson01 said:

Greetings to all potential applicants,

I'm writing on behalf of the faculty at the Santa Maria, Central Coast California PA program. We are delighted to announce that our application cycle has now started July 1. You can apply on the University website since we are not utilizing CASPA this year.

If you would like to receive emails from our department about upcoming Online Information Sessions please fill out this GoogleForm. We will be sending webinar registration emails to those who sign up. At these sessions you will be able to meet some of our faculty and staff as well as ask questions about our program.

Reach out to the admission department if you have any questions admissions@atsu.edu.

If you have questions please note we do not routinely monitor this forum, however we will be able to answer questions for those who attend the information sessions or who reach out to us in the googleform.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Sara Wilson, MPAS, PA-C

Curriculum Coordinator CCPA Program

Does AT Still Central CA PA Program use rolling admissions?

1 hour ago, swilson01 said:

Yes, we do have rolling admissions!

We have started some FAQ information to collect in a PDF - I have attached it here. Hopefully that helps!

Also to note, in the upcoming Virtual Information Sessions it will also allow opportunity to ask additional questions!

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Sara

CCPA Program - FAQ - PDF.pdf 88.07 kB · 1 download

Hi, 

The essay portion of the application is confusing me. It says write a brief statement ... please limit response to 5000 words or less. See attached image. There is no place to add this statement. There are five other essays to write. The first two of which seem similar. That is a lot of essays.

3375AEA3-03E7-4510-97D8-4247CDDA61F0.jpeg

1 hour ago, swilson01 said:

Yes, we do have rolling admissions!

We have started some FAQ information to collect in a PDF - I have attached it here. Hopefully that helps!

Also to note, in the upcoming Virtual Information Sessions it will also allow opportunity to ask additional questions!

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Sara

CCPA Program - FAQ - PDF.pdf 88.07 kB · 1 download

When are the upcoming virtual information sessions?

Apologies for the error on the application site, the form should only be the 5 smaller essays. Our Admissions department is aware of the technical issue and it will be fixed shortly. Please feel free to continue with the application by filling out the 5 smaller essays. Please note that the maximum word count is 3500, however there is no need to fulfill the maximum by any means if the question prompt has been adequately addressed.

For the virtual information sessions we will be sending out registration information to those who have filled out the goolgeform. We will be having one as soon as next week (July 14th) and throughout the month of July and August.  If you would like to receive emails from our department about upcoming Online Information Sessions please fill out this GoogleForm. We will be sending webinar registration emails to those who sign up.

Hope that helps!

Edited by swilson01

MWell24

Thank you for noting the issues you are having! I have reached out to our admissions department and they have replied that we do have our vendor working on this as we speak, we are aware of the issue.  We should hear something by early next week.

We appreciate your efforts and patience as we work on this! If you have any questions in the meantime please let us know!

Thank you,

Sara

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swilson01 said:

MWell24

Thank you for noting the issues you are having! I have reached out to our admissions department and they have replied that we do have our vendor working on this as we speak, we are aware of the issue.  We should hear something by early next week.

We appreciate your efforts and patience as we work on this! If you have any questions in the meantime please let us know!

Thank you,

Sara

Thank you, for the assistance. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Sara

My name is Judy Garcia, and I was in the online informational sessions last month. Hope you are doing well. I wanted to ask how will we know when our transcripts have been received, I am checking on the application and I do not see anything that states if they have been received. I ordered them over two weeks ago and I want to make sure they have been received. 

1 hour ago, ninjahmc said:

Where do we send our transcripts to ? 

Which email accepts the electronic transcripts (PDF) and/or which address for schools that only send paper copies of transcripts?

I didn't see where this info was listed on the program page 🥴🤧

I requested my transcripts through my university and then when it asked me where to send the transcripts it allowed me to search my program of choice. 

940CC4DD-299E-4B8A-A02E-8AFC79B80840.jpeg

On 8/8/2020 at 11:26 PM, jujuB said:

Hi Sara

My name is Judy Garcia, and I was in the online informational sessions last month. Hope you are doing well. I wanted to ask how will we know when our transcripts have been received, I am checking on the application and I do not see anything that states if they have been received. I ordered them over two weeks ago and I want to make sure they have been received. 

Hi there! Great question! Once all the items needed for the online application part (through AMP in Admissions) then your information will be sent to the CCPA Department. If all the items meet the criteria you will be sent an email regarding the next steps (online access to the learning modules). If you have questions at all please reach out to admissions@atsu.edu

Hope that helps!

14 hours ago, MWell24 said:

I requested my transcripts through my university and then when it asked me where to send the transcripts it allowed me to search my program of choice. 

940CC4DD-299E-4B8A-A02E-8AFC79B80840.jpeg

Great thanks. I received a reply after emailing about it. 

For any electronic transcripts, they can also be sent to 'admissions@atsu.edu'. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, MWell24 said:

I haven’t heard anything but, this slide is from one of their virtual information sessions. It seems that learning modules will be sent out before interview invites.

1BF022EF-C44E-464F-A62A-BDE9396C34C7.jpeg

For @Joemonkey and @Mary94 as well! Great question! And @MWell24 thank you for attending our virtual information sessions!
We have another one tomorrow September 1st if you would like to ask additional questions at that time you can register at the link below.

Register for our upcoming session by clicking this link

We will indeed be sending out invites for those who have a completed application to move on to the step 2. This is where you will be invited to complete a series of online modules. Then those who complete the modules will be invited for interviews.

Hope that helps!
If you have any additional questions please let me know!

Thank you,

On behalf of the CCPA Team

• Like 1

6 hours ago, swilson01 said:

For @Joemonkey and @Mary94 as well! Great question! And @MWell24 thank you for attending our virtual information sessions!
We have another one tomorrow September 1st if you would like to ask additional questions at that time you can register at the link below.

Register for our upcoming session by clicking this link

We will indeed be sending out invites for those who have a completed application to move on to the step 2. This is where you will be invited to complete a series of online modules. Then those who complete the modules will be invited for interviews.

Hope that helps!
If you have any additional questions please let me know!

Thank you,

On behalf of the CCPA Team

19 hours ago, MWell24 said:

I haven’t heard anything but, this slide is from one of their virtual information sessions. It seems that learning modules will be sent out before interview invites.

1BF022EF-C44E-464F-A62A-BDE9396C34C7.jpeg

Does anyone know if there is a timeline on how long after you submit your application you will receive the learning modules. Also do they send the modules to everyone who applies?

Thanks 

1 hour ago, MLPALA said:

Does anyone know if there is a timeline on how long after you submit your application you will receive the learning modules. Also do they send the modules to everyone who applies?

Thanks 

@MLPALA Great question!

The application needs to be reviewed by the admissions team for completeness and verification of transcripts, GPA, letters of recommendation, etc...that can sometimes take a while depending on when all the documents are finally on file and then for admissions to review each applicant. Then after they have reviewed them we are notified of the number of applicants ready to move on to the online modules. We have been waiting for a sufficient amount of completed applications to move on to the next phase of the admissions process. Hope that helps!