University of Bridgeport 2020 Applicants

14 minutes ago, Jazmine said:

Nope, Im surprised because programs that start in January usually send out interview invites around this time. 

I’m surprised as well. We also applied pretty early, so I’m hoping we hear back by next week! 
Did you apply to any other January start programs?

On 6/4/2020 at 11:58 PM, kmendie said:

I’m surprised as well. We also applied pretty early, so I’m hoping we hear back by next week! 
Did you apply to any other January start programs?

Yes, 2 more programs. I was invited for an interview from one and just that my application was received from the  other.

5 hours ago, EnzoScoobyMama said:

Was anyone else told that they needed to take chem 1 + lab and chem 2 + lab during the same semester for it to count? I’ve looked everywhere on their website and haven’t seen it specified anywhere? Has anyone else applied whose courses weren’t in the same semester?? Just seems odd to me 

Did they reach out to you for that? I put mine down as Chem 1 + separate lab course (4 units) AND Chem 2 + the same lab course (4 units) I put for Chem 1. So total I took one year of Chem and then one separate quarter of chem lab. 

HOWEVER, UB PAI reached out to me and let me know that I am having a very similar issue with Anatomy and Physiology, which I believe I shouldn't have. The CASPA section clearly states: 

Must be human or mammalian and include a lab component. The A&P requirements may be fulfilled with two courses in A&P I and II OR a full semester of Anatomy and a full semester of Physiology.  

In this case, I have one full semester of Physiology and one full semester of Anatomy which were offered as 2 separate courses. I believe that this should fulfill it since in terms of content, A&P 1 and 2, is equivalent to ONE FULL SEMESTER of anatomy and a SEPARATE full semester of physiology. 

Is anyone else having this issue? Please let me know if you were able to resolve it. I would be very disappointed if I don't get to apply to this school since I worked so hard on that supplemental question 😞 

22 minutes ago, constantlyeating said:

Did they reach out to you for that? I put mine down as Chem 1 + separate lab course (4 units) AND Chem 2 + the same lab course (4 units) I put for Chem 1. So total I took one year of Chem and then one separate quarter of chem lab. 

HOWEVER, UB PAI reached out to me and let me know that I am having a very similar issue with Anatomy and Physiology, which I believe I shouldn't have. The CASPA section clearly states: 

Must be human or mammalian and include a lab component. The A&P requirements may be fulfilled with two courses in A&P I and II OR a full semester of Anatomy and a full semester of Physiology.  

In this case, I have one full semester of Physiology and one full semester of Anatomy which were offered as 2 separate courses. I believe that this should fulfill it since in terms of content, A&P 1 and 2, is equivalent to ONE FULL SEMESTER of anatomy and a SEPARATE full semester of physiology. 

Is anyone else having this issue? Please let me know if you were able to resolve it. I would be very disappointed if I don't get to apply to this school since I worked so hard on that supplemental question 😞 

Ugh yes they told me unless I enroll in a second chemistry + lab course, I'd have to withdraw my application. Which is crazy because I took anatomy and anatomy lab and physiology and physiology lab all in separate semesters but they didnt mention anything about that to me 

Hi everyone! I wanted to post my timeline. Hopefully we can add interviews to these soon! 

Applied 5/15

Verified 5/15 

Received by UB 5/18 (This email stated "Your application and materials are under review, and if you are selected for an interview, you will be notified. We will be reviewing applications and scheduling interviews through the fall.")

On 6/8/2020 at 8:56 PM, EnzoScoobyMama said:

Ugh yes they told me unless I enroll in a second chemistry + lab course, I'd have to withdraw my application. Which is crazy because I took anatomy and anatomy lab and physiology and physiology lab all in separate semesters but they didnt mention anything about that to me 

I had a combined chemistry 1 and 2 into one course (6 credits) and had to enroll into a chemistry 2 class again that I’m taking right now. 

My A&p was 1 and 2 one i took in fall and one i took in spring. I haven’t applied yet—waiting on my LORs to press submit. But was making sure this would work for me??

2 hours ago, mandyq said:

I had a combined chemistry 1 and 2 into one course (6 credits) and had to enroll into a chemistry 2 class again that I’m taking right now. 

My A&p was 1 and 2 one i took in fall and one i took in spring. I haven’t applied yet—waiting on my LORs to press submit. But was making sure this would work for me??

@constantlyeating

So they emailed me today saying "I just spoke with the department about this, they do not have to be concurrent" and that I'm back under review. So we should all be set 🙂 

Edited by EnzoScoobyMama

18 minutes ago, prepalinda said:

Thank you! It was an email and around 4pm.

cGPA: 3.9

sGPA: 3.9

PCE: ~2500 as a PCT

HCE: 120

Volunteer: 100

Shadowing: 108 in 3 specialties

Thanks for sharing! I’m sure you’ll do great. Sorry for all the questions, but when is the interview? Are they doing in person or video call interviews?