University of Bridgeport 2020 Applicants

On 7/16/2020 at 3:57 PM, icesk8r95 said:

I am about to put in my deposit! This might be a tad bit early but is anybody looking for other female roommates? Where are you guys considering living? Bridgeport or another outside town? I've never even been to CT so it's hard for me to say where to live.

Put down my deposit too! I'm still waiting to hear from other schools but once I know for sure I'm going to Bridgeport I'll def be looking for female roommates! I've heard a lot of students live in Fairfield and it's close to the school and a nice area with lots of stores/restaurants

Hi everyone! Congrats to those accepted! I noticed many people here are receiving interview invites and acceptances but I applied very early in the cycle and still haven't heard anything back. I've emailed Lea last month and also today and she told me both times that my app is still under review, which just seems weird to me because I submitted so early. I'm not sure if this means I'm on a waitlist but if that's the case wouldn't she inform me of that? So confused and frustrated!

7 hours ago, jnakh said:

Hi everyone! Congrats to those accepted! I noticed many people here are receiving interview invites and acceptances but I applied very early in the cycle and still haven't heard anything back. I've emailed Lea last month and also today and she told me both times that my app is still under review, which just seems weird to me because I submitted so early. I'm not sure if this means I'm on a waitlist but if that's the case wouldn't she inform me of that? So confused and frustrated!

Disclaimer: this is just my hypothesis of how the application review process may occur. I have no evidence of this, but think it could explain why your application is still under review.

As applications roll in, they are reviewed and scored on a point system based off GPA, PCE, LOR, GRE, personal statement. Applications that have a score >x receive applications on a rolling basis. Applications with a score between x & y are held for later review once the school has a better picture of the applicant pool. Applications with a score of <y are “rejected” and are no longer under review (even if the school hasn’t notified candidates of that yet). 

As applications roll in over time, the school gets a better picture of what their class is beginning to look like and what their applicant pool looks like. They continue to grand interviews to applications with a score >x on a rolling basis, and as needed to fill interview slots revisit applications with mid range scores (those still considered “under review”) and find candidates that help create a diverse class and offer additional interviews. 

Overall, no news is good news. It might mean you haven’t been selected yet, but it doesn’t mean you won’t be in the future.

• Like 1

I was notified my application was received and under review on June 17th and I got an interview invitation on July 10th. I interviewed July 17th and received my acceptance call yesterday (July 28th). Cannot wait!! 

Here are my stats for reference:

cGPA: 3.86, sGPA: 3.74

GRE: V- 153, Q- 153, A- 4.5

PCE: 750 hours, HCE: 39 hours

Volunteering: 2000+ hours

Shadowing: 30 hours

Good luck to everyone!! 🙂

Edited by makw929
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 10:15 AM, jnakh said:

It's so easy to get frustrated during the wait time so I totally understand where you are coming from but no news is definitely good news. They will inform you whether or not you are waitlisted or denied and if you get an interview, you'll get a phone call if you're accepted. Keep your head up though, if it is still under review, that means they have not denied or waitlisted you which is the good thing!! Good luck to you, I hope you hear back soon 🙂

On 7/28/2020 at 10:15 AM, jnakh said:

I am in the exact same boat. I applied in May and I still haven't heard anything. We have to stay patient and hope that good news is on the way! No news is much better than bad news!

28 minutes ago, jparra1 said:

I am in the exact same boat. I applied in May and I still haven't heard anything. We have to stay patient and hope that good news is on the way! No news is much better than bad news!

I am also on the same boat! Applied May 7th! I am getting super anxious. University of Bridgeport is my number one choice. 😕