CDU 2020-2021 Application Cycle

Hi All, 

Thought I would get a topic started for this app cycle!

I had a question about the CDU English requirement. I have emailed them and left a voicemail, but I haven't heard a response. 

At UCSD I completed a 5 course series in Humanities (2 are 6 unit courses, 3 are 4 unit courses) which fulfilled our writing requirement. There is also no formal English department, though there is a Literature department. 

Western University in Pomona, CA accepts Humanities in place of their English requirement, so I'm wondering if CDU has a similar policy. 

Any help or information is appreciated!

On 5/29/2020 at 1:25 PM, VVTVV said:

Does anyone know if the biology prerequisite has to be a full year sequence?

@VVTVV, I don't think the 8 units of bio needs to be a full year sequence. I'm under the impression the requirement can equally be fulfilled by a General Bio course plus an upper division course, similar to their General Chemistry 8 unit requirement: Organic or Biochemistry: upper level chemistry courses with lab are preferred and count toward total general chemistry requirement of 8 units

On 5/25/2020 at 2:53 PM, roadtomed said:

For this program, do all prerequisites need to be done by May 30th of this year or next year? When does this program start?

@roadtomed, If you are applying this application cycle to start August 2021, your prerequisites must be completed by May 30, 2021. However, you cannot have more than 2 outstanding prerequisites when you submit your application. 

On 5/22/2020 at 10:17 PM, soniahopePA said:

Hi,

When I called CDU a while ago, they said that they also accept AP credit as long as the units are listed on the official transcript!

This is good to know!! I have AP credits that I can use, then! Thank You.

Just submitted my application tonight but I just realized I put the wrong zip code for my high school in the program specific questions 😖. Arghh I am just so used to typing my current zip code and it is similar to my hs zip code, idk why I didn't double check.

Update: CASPA told me to contact the school so I just emailed them the correct info 😅

Edited by Mmram
Update

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I looked at the forum for last year 19/20 cycle and the first time someone mentioned that they received an interview invite was on 9/26/2019 and many people were also responding saying they were offered interview slots for the day of 10/18/2019! Hope that gives you some ideas on when to expect it. Someone else also mentioned last year they had a new director so things were changing. Good luck 🙂 

Edited by prepa6654
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1