CDU 2020-2021 Application Cycle

1 minute ago, a1b2c3 said:

Sure! I wonder if where you live/ attended high school is a big factor. I don't think they asked for high school's zip codes last year.

2020 cycle: Submitted on 8/1, rejected 8/10

2019 cycle: submitted 8/1, interview offer 1/9, interview 1/15/2020, waitlisted 3/23/2020

Thank you love! Best of luck with other schools! 
maybe the zipcode is a big factor now if they just added it, cant assume why though hm:/

@a1b2c3 Definitely seems very early to already be rejected so I am thinking more likely your app got filtered out for not meeting a certain requirement? Which I guess could be the hs zip code...Either way I am very sorry to hear but it is still early! Good luck with the rest of your apps!

Edited by Mmram

Guest a1b2c3
On 8/12/2020 at 11:10 AM, Nlimo said:

@a1b2c3 Are you sure you got rejected for the Fall 2021 and not for 2020? Since you were on the wait list you might have just gotten a rejection for the 2020 start. I would double check.

Ah sorry for the confusion, it was for 2020. I saw 2020 and for some reason thought it meant for my 2020 apps. Sorry everyone!!

8 hours ago, PAbehavior said:

Do you guys know if we need to send an official transcript to the program after finishing a pending course or is sending it to CASPA fine? I’ve emailed and called them, but no response. 

Oh yeah, you should send them to CASPA to update your application. I have sent in my 2 courses I just finished this summer to CASPA, transcript was sent electronically.

CASPA updated the course information and the grades have been added into the my application. However, I didn't know this at first, but if they have verified your GPA prior, they don't update your GPA to include the new courses you finished to reflect on your overall CASPA GPA. They emailed me back to let me know that if I want the GPA to be updated to reflect my 2 courses,  I can contact the program that I want and then send an official transcript to the program directly. I didn't though, that's like over 30+ programs for me for only 2 courses. 

Here is the link explaining the GPA part:

https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Submitting_and_Monitoring_Your_CASPA_Application/Before_and_After_You_Submit_Your_CASPA_Application/6_Updating_Your_CASPA_Application

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question,  I just had my application verified in the morning today, so I barely made the deadline. I also had a question about transcripts. I finished chem 101 and chem 102 this summer. I submitted my transcripts but they are still being processed. Since my application was verified without the chemistry grades, am I still good/ or did my application get filtered out & tossed? Should I now email Charles Drew my transcript?? Or should I message caspa and tell them to update from their end?? 

On 9/1/2020 at 11:01 PM, Fishtale said:

Question,  I just had my application verified in the morning today, so I barely made the deadline. I also had a question about transcripts. I finished chem 101 and chem 102 this summer. I submitted my transcripts but they are still being processed. Since my application was verified without the chemistry grades, am I still good/ or did my application get filtered out & tossed? Should I now email Charles Drew my transcript?? Or should I message caspa and tell them to update from their end?? 

CDU pre-requisite/admissions page states that they prefer (prefer not require) that no more than 2 pre-requisites are pending at the time of application. I doubt they would throw out your application due to this. But if you want to inform them of your circumstances, it is always best to be in contact with the school directly and touch base with them to be sure.

When you finish courses during CASPA app time, you should always update transcript with CASPA by sending official transcripts to them after your official grade is posted on it. As for the school, I would recommend to contact their admissions team so they are informed if you are worried that it might lead to an auto-reject. But based on the CDU PA program page, I don't think they will auto-reject you. Good luck!

https://www.cdrewu.edu/cosh/PA/Prerequisites

On 9/2/2020 at 2:01 AM, Fishtale said:

I don't think that disqualifies you. It does say on the website though " Because of our rolling admissions schedule, those who apply early in the admissions cycle are more likely to be interviewed than those who apply later." If you don't mind me asking, why'd you submit the last day?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Y'all! My name is Jesse and I'm from the Class of 2022. I've attached a flyer of some of the activities that we are doing in celebration of PA week. Just wanted to mention that we will be hosting a Zoom session on Thursday, October 8th from 5-6PM. I believe there's a cap on how many zoom participants are allowed in each session so make sure you register.  It'll be a Q&A style forum where you can ask us whatever you want and we'll do our best to answer your questions. See below for the link to register: 

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYpdu-przsrH9K_B3AHf_42h0vSf9x-ZQ-O?fbclid=IwAR2AqzyGRrLH9sG6huT8jY37TaCC80ZQaeCTtpaN7X6LBQ_UHYwZyRNHajg

120529430_3333129376784101_6412149413813969184_o.jpg

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, prepa6654 said:

Congratulations! Well deserved! Can we ask when you applied and stats ? Thank you!

First time applicant, very low GPA, decent hours -- still shocked but very grateful I am invited for an interview. I hope this brings others hope since I know there are a handful of applicants that have way more competitive stats, hang in there all! 

Submitted 6/17, email notified it was received 6/23

Overall: 3.32

Science: 3.16

BCP: 2.90 

Volunteer: ~570

HCE: ~1,400

PCE: ~1,860

Good luck to everyone! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AloeVera said:

First time applicant, very low GPA, decent hours -- still shocked but very grateful I am invited for an interview. I hope this brings others hope since I know there are a handful of applicants that have way more competitive stats, hang in there all! 

Submitted 6/17, email notified it was received 6/23

Overall: 3.32

Science: 3.16

BCP: 2.90 

Volunteer: ~570

HCE: ~1,400

PCE: ~1,860

Good luck to everyone! 

Thank you for sharing and this is so amazing, you should be super proud of yourself! Keep going and keep it up. You got this! Good luck! 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 2:09 AM, prepa6654 said:

Can you share your stats with us? Thank you and good luck on your interview!!! 👏

Undergrad GPA: 2.90

Post-Bacc GPA: 3.81 (55 credits of community college and online classes)

CASPA cGPA: 3.21

CASPA sGPA: 3.31

PCE: 2050 hours (at the time of submission) 

HCE: 250 hours 

Volunteer: 100 hours 

Shadowing: 80 hrs of MD shadowing. 0 hours of PA shadowing. PA shadowing was canceled due to COVID but I worked very closely with PAs and assisted them on almost a daily basis

Edited by Jaw67PA
  • Like 2