2020-2021 Application Cycle

Just got a call with my acceptance to the traditional PA program!!!!! I am so grateful, and to be completely honest, still in shock. 

To any future PA applicants, APPLY even if you think your stats are not “competitive.” Against all odds, I was accepted to my top/reach program, NEU!

For those who like stats, mine are as follow:

• Undergrad GPA: 3.29
  • Undergrad Science GPA 3.12
    • Pursued an MPH in Epidemiology/Biostatistics and Infectious Diseases at a top 10 MPH program and graduated with a 3.88 GPA
  •  Applied to Northeastern University 7/28/2020
    • cGPA 3.43
    • sGPA 3.33
    • 7,000+ PCE Hours, 2,000+ HCE Hours, 120 Hours of PA shadowing, 2,000 research hours (1 publication, 2 other publication in the works, 1 poster/conference presentation), and 3,000 hours of volunteering (service trip leader, AmeriCorps and Jesuit Volunteer Corps volunteer).
    • 4 strong LOR: 1 PA, 2 MDs, 1 College Chemistry professor (personal mentor and instructor of the class that I got my lowest science grade in :p)
    • Various other leadership roles as a residential assistant, tutor, grad school TA, COVID-19 contact investigator, and public health outreach navigator.
  • Interviewed on 10/14 & 10/15
  • Called today, 10/22/2020 with the official welcome!

Congrats to all accepted, best of luck to those still waiting, and can’t wait to be an official member of the Northeastern University PA class of 2023! 

Edited by crs92
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, crs92 said:

Just got a call with my acceptance to the traditional PA program!!!!! I am so grateful, and to be completely honest, still in shock. 

To any future PA applicants, APPLY even if you think your stats are not “competitive.” Against all odds, I was accepted to my top/reach program, NEU!

For those who like stats, mine are as follow:

• Undergrad GPA: 3.29
  • Undergrad Science GPA 3.12
    • Pursued an MPH in Epidemiology/Biostatistics and Infectious Diseases at a top 10 MPH program and graduated with a 3.88 GPA
  •  Applied to Northeastern University 7/28/2020
    • cGPA 3.43
    • sGPA 3.33
    • 7,000+ PCE Hours, 2,000+ HCE Hours, 120 Hours of PA shadowing, 2,000 research hours (1 publication, 2 other publication in the works, 1 poster/conference presentation), and 3,000 hours of volunteering (service trip leader, AmeriCorps and Jesuit Volunteer Corps volunteer).
    • 4 strong LOR: 1 PA, 2 MDs, 1 College Chemistry professor (personal mentor and instructor of the class that I got my lowest science grade in :p)
    • Various other leadership roles as a residential assistant, tutor, grad school TA, COVID-19 contact investigator, and public health outreach navigator.
  • Interviewed on 10/14 & 10/15
  • Called today, 10/22/2020 with the official welcome!
    • As a non-traditional applicant, Latinx, and MSM, I was authentic about my upbringing and the struggles I faced being undocumented and uninsured growing up. Be you, be yourself, and speak from the heart. 

Congrats to all accepted, best of luck to those still waiting, and can’t wait to be an official member of the Northeastern University PA class of 2023! 

Congratulations! 
However based on your resume I do think it’s a little funny that you consider yourself a non-competitive applicant 😂 You are highly qualified! 

Edited by alysd
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Emrosti1215 said:

Congrats! is the interview with Northeastern? Did they send you an email yesterday?

Sorry i posted this under the wrong topic I was trying to post for barry university and when I put it in the search bar this topic was a result due to someone else discussing barry application in this thread

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, KVB0821 said:

Has anyone that interviewed on 10/8-10/9  reached out to the program on when we should expect to hear back? I'm debating sending a quick email

I havent yet because last time i did that it didn’t end too well lol....some of those during that interview have already heard back so i guess we are just one of the late ones 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Like 1