2020-2021 Application Cycle

https://bouve.northeastern.edu/physician-assistant/ms/admissions-tuition/ This is the link for the below information.

• Northeastern $75 Application Fee:

• Northeastern University requires a $75 application fee for all students applying to the University regardless of program. This is separate from the CASPA application fee and is nonrefundable.
  • Please use THIS LINK to access the Northeastern payment portal where you can pay by credit card and complete the payment form.
  • The $75 fee is waived if you are a current Northeastern senior in a bachelor’s degree program or an alumnus/a who earned a bachelor’s degree from Northeastern. However, you still need to complete the form in the payment portal. Click on whichever $0 fee button that reflects your status.
  • You will have to include your CASPA ID number in the Northeastern payment portal. Therefore, you must start your CASPA application before submitting your Northeastern application fee.

Edited by Reuvan

On 5/19/2020 at 6:11 PM, Reuvan said:

https://bouve.northeastern.edu/physician-assistant/ms/admissions-tuition/ This is the link for the below information.

• Northeastern University requires a $75 application fee for all students applying to the University regardless of program. This is separate from the CASPA application fee and is nonrefundable.
  • Please use THIS LINK to access the Northeastern payment portal where you can pay by credit card and complete the payment form.
  • The $75 fee is waived if you are a current Northeastern senior in a bachelor’s degree program or an alumnus/a who earned a bachelor’s degree from Northeastern. However, you still need to complete the form in the payment portal. Click on whichever $0 fee button that reflects your status.
  • You will have to include your CASPA ID number in the Northeastern payment portal. Therefore, you must start your CASPA application before submitting your Northeastern application fee.

That is awesome. Thank you! 

I think I did a Google search and clicked an old cycle's supplemental application. Had the exact same fee but another question to write and send with the check. Thank you!

On 5/18/2020 at 10:37 PM, sutekidane said:

I am considering applying to Northeastern although I am not sure of my stats. This will be my second time applying for PA school, but first time with Northeastern. 

I am in the same boat- second time applicant 1st time to NE! Are you writing anything in the section of CASPA for second time applicant? 

Wanna share stats and where all you applied last year versus this year? 

Last year: (6 schools) Wake Forest, MUSC, Charleston Southern, High Point, Elon and Campbell (applied august 1st 0 interviews 0 acceptances)

GPA: 3.36 sGPA 3.5 cGPA 

GRE: 297 

PCE: 1000 hrs CNA and MA 

Shadow: 28 PA, 8 NP, 76 MD

Volunteer: 40hrs 

This year:  (14 schools) Duke, Wake Forest, MUSC, Charleston Southern, High Point, Elon, Campbell, Wingate, FSU, JMU, NE, RFU, MCPHS- boston, and Tufts

GRE: 302

PCE: 2500 hrs CNA and MA - promotion to lead MA 

Volunteer: 250 hours (woo!)

5 hours ago, secondroundbestround said:

I am in the same boat- second time applicant 1st time to NE! Are you writing anything in the section of CASPA for second time applicant? 

Wanna share stats and where all you applied last year versus this year? 

Last year: (6 schools) Wake Forest, MUSC, Charleston Southern, High Point, Elon and Campbell (applied august 1st 0 interviews 0 acceptances)

GRE: 297 

PCE: 1000 hrs CNA and MA 

Volunteer: 40hrs 

This year:  (14 schools) Duke, Wake Forest, MUSC, Charleston Southern, High Point, Elon, Campbell, Wingate, FSU, JMU, NE, RFU, MCPHS- boston, and Tufts

GRE: 302

PCE: 2500 hrs CNA and MA - promotion to lead MA 

Volunteer: 250 hours (woo!)

I'm first time applicant and applying to NE & MCPHS as well

On 5/19/2020 at 8:15 PM, Reuvan said:

To my knowledge there is no additional essays besides the CASPA personal statement and additional essay under the questions section in CAPSA's "Program Materials".

On 5/19/2020 at 8:11 PM, Reuvan said:

Once we pay the 75 dollar fee online, do we still need to mail in the data sheet? 

On 6/5/2020 at 4:18 PM, aap423 said:

Applied and submitted 5/29. For those who are/were medical scribes as well, I am in the same boat as I am just at 1000 hours without the additional 850 hours I have as a scribe. I did not see anywhere that medical scribe counts for NE program. 

Have you been verified yet? 

On 6/9/2020 at 5:17 PM, aap423 said:

I was verified by CASPA within 48 hours, and the only confirmation I’ve received from NE is a receipt of my supplemental application fee. Since they are not rolling admissions, I do not expect an actual confirmation email from the program until after the August 1st deadline. 

I received an email from the program today saying they received my verified CASPA application and supplemental fee.  Leading up to today, I was under your same impression as well.