2020-2021 Application Cycle

28 minutes ago, LCrowley said:

I also got an invite for the 10/14-15 interview dates, but never got a portal invite that others have mentioned in this thread. Did people who got the email about the portal get invites as well? Good luck everyone! 🙂

I never received an email about the portal either, and so far I haven’t seen anyone on here mention getting both a portal invite and an interview? Not sure how their system works though

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bearby123 said:

People who are interviewing on 10/8 and 10/9..did you guys receive confirmation of the RSVP and times of interview? I am worried I may have clicked “ I do not want to attend”

I have a same interview date and thought the same thing lol! I sent the rsvp twice making sure i said “will attend” but still no word back 

Would someone who received an interview invite mind sharing their stats please?[emoji846]

GPA: 3.4
sGPA: 3.4
Shadowing: 64
PCE: around 2,300
HCE: around 400
Volunteer: >100
My stats aren’t really that great but I believe it was my personal statement that got me a ticket to the interview. Good luck to everyone interviewing! And to those still waiting, don’t give up hope!
  • Like 3

Guest goblue2020
43 minutes ago, MPAPA said:

What day is your interview ?

I actually have not received an interview yet! I applied to the PA/MPH program back in June. 

16 minutes ago, goblue2020 said:

I actually have not received an interview yet! I applied to the PA/MPH program back in June. 

I also applied to the PA/MPH  back in late June and haven't heard anything. Just for reference:

cGPA 3.51
sGPA 3.46
HCE: 2600 hours as an MA, 1040 hours as a PT Aide, 4160 hours as a strength and conditioning coach/personal trainer at a small privately own gym (not a chain).
PCE: 13000 hours as an athletic trainer. (5 years at the same high school, helped to build a robust sports medicine program that was lacking in policies, procedures, etc)

LORS: 1 Undergrad Professor/Program Director, 1 Manager of Outpatient Orthopedics (my current manager), 1 MD Head of Orthopedic Surgery,  2 PAs - 1 Chief PA of Orthopedics,  1 Senior Ortho PA/Clinical Education (aka she is the smartest human I know)

Volunteer: 100 hours of delivering meals to families in need, volunteering with Red Cross, and medical volunteering at the Boston Marathon and other major races.

COVID Essay: I did fill out a COVID essay to explain how I continued to work during the pandemic directly with COVID patients on in-patient floors for 3 months during the height of the cases here in Boston.

Shadowing PAs: 200 hours in various environments. Orthopedics, ED, oncology, surgical oncology, thoracic surgery.
Shadowing MDs: 30 hours of clinic and surgical observation in orthopedics which also included observing PAs.

I also have a lot of leadership experience that I think helps in what is lacking in my GPA/volunteer hours.

5 hours ago, bnicoletti said:

Would someone who received an interview invite mind sharing their stats please?🙂

GPA: 3.69

sGPA: 3.67

Shadowing: 24 PA, 240 MD abroad in Budapest

PCE: approx. 1850 when I applied

Volunteer: approx. 360 but it's all a few years old

Nothing spectacular but I have a lot of leadership experience, really good LORs, and a strong personal statement that I believe definitely helped me receive the interview invite. Good luck to everyone interviewing and those still waiting to hear!