2020-2021 Application Cycle

17 hours ago, LivPA said:

Is that an interview invitation? If so, congrats! If not, is it just saying what the dates will be?

I received an interview invite in late May but they said they would reach out later with more information pertaining to the interview. This email was a follow-up to that and offered different dates to choose from starting in September!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, secondroundbestround said:

Hi everyone! Just received an interview invitation for main campus for 11/03/2020 through email! There is one more date in November and 2 in December. I received an email last month advising to retake the GRE, improved my scores and received invite 2 days after. Don’t lose hope!

Congrats! When did you apply? Also, can you share your updated stats if you are comfortable?

3 hours ago, secondroundbestround said:

Hi everyone! Just received an interview invitation for main campus for 11/03/2020 through email! There is one more date in November and 2 in December. I received an email last month advising to retake the GRE, improved my scores and received invite 2 days after. Don’t lose hope!

I received the same interview invite earlier today! I’m interviewing the same day for the main campus.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2020 at 6:05 PM, Raegan said:

I received an interview invitation today for the fall. I was emailed around two months ago by the program and they recommended I retake the GRE, which I did July 2nd, and I got an interview invitation quickly after they received my improved scores! Don't give up!!

Also, I applied for the Hendersonville campus.

When is your interview date?

23 hours ago, LetMeInSchool2019 said:

Just got an interview invite and scheduled for November 17th. Does anyone have advice on how to prepare for the interview? 

I have been reading the book "How to "ace" the Physician Assistant School Interview" by Andrew Rodican. I have enjoyed it so far. It has a lot of practice questions and strategies to get comfortable with challenging interview questions. I found the 1st (older) version for $10 on ebay.

17 minutes ago, elombard said:

I also retook and raised my score from 297 to 302 and got an invite!!! I am choosing from two dates in December. 

Elombard, when was your application marked complete? I have a similar GRE and was getting anxious as with everyone else. I was marked complete July 29th. 

My application was received on June 30 and still haven’t heard back. My stats are:

GRE: 151 verbal, 159 quant, 4.0 writing 

PCE: 2400

Volunteer: 1100

cGPA: 3.5

sGPA: 3.6

undergraduate degree: biomedical engineering 

current career: colonial biomedical researcher

waiting is very discouraging, so I understand. Just keep having faith. This is my first cycle. Good luck!

Edited by LivPA

2 hours ago, CTtoPA said:

Elombard, when was your application marked complete? I have a similar GRE and was getting anxious as with everyone else. I was marked complete July 29th. 

Hey! I was complete in the first week of June (don’t have the exact date bc my email won’t load rn for some reason) but I wouldn’t worry 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My GRE was only a 298 and I have not heard back from the main campus about my application yet! I have a 3.84 GPA and over 1300 hours of patient care as well as 2000 hours of healthcare experience as a pharmacy tech. Getting a little nervous since I have not been asked to retake anything or even received any update! Just have to stay positive!

On 8/12/2020 at 3:00 PM, Talmage said:

For the main campus? I chose the same date. Maybe we'll meet!

How many dates were there to choose from for the first interview wave to hold place in September? I am interviewing 11/03! When I received my invite there were 2 dates in november 11/03 and 11/17 and2 in december! Thanks!  

Hey good evening, did anyone who is interviewing tomorrow receive the "Canvas page" invite that JoAnn Smith referenced in her previous email? I imagine this will be utilized to access the pharmacology lecture we sit in and have yet to receive the link thus far! 

Edit: I'm mistaken, the Zoom link is included in the interview day itinerary. Still no Canvas page invite though!

Edited by sc215266