2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, sc215266 said:

Just received an invite for an interview! Congratulations to everyone who received the same!!! Unbelievable, I’m so excited. Look forward to meeting some of the talented members of this forum!

edit: Main campus 

Did you get an email or a call with the interview offer? CONGRATS!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! I am about to apply, but I want to hear back from the program about my clinical hours. On my application, it says 2019-present, and I was not sure if they would consider that status when applying because my hours are at least 200 hours higher than what it says on CASPA. What are everyone stats and whether they got an intervew?

cGPA: 3.54

sGPA: 3.54

GRE: 310

Hours: 2000

I just wanted to share my stats! I find it comforting to share and hear about other peoples' backgrounds!

I am a first time applicant to PA school. Graduating this December. 

I am 21 years old. Turn 22 on July 16th, haha.

cGPA 3.83

sGPA 3.79

HCE: 2500 hours as pharmacy tech

PCE: 1400 hours as CNA

GRE 298 (I was VERY sick taking the GRE. MIGHT retake.) I found the GRE really difficult for me. I am shocked, too, because I usually do well with standardized testing!

Feel free to share yours! I know it’s comforting for me to hear and share stats!  Good luck everyone!

1 hour ago, kayburt27 said:

I just wanted to share my stats! I find it comforting to share and hear about other peoples' backgrounds!

I am a first time applicant to PA school. Graduating this December. 

I am 21 years old. Turn 22 on July 16th, haha.

cGPA 3.83

sGPA 3.79

HCE: 2500 hours as pharmacy tech

PCE: 1400 hours as CNA

GRE 298 (I was VERY sick taking the GRE. MIGHT retake.) I found the GRE really difficult for me. I am shocked, too, because I usually do well with standardized testing!

Feel free to share yours! I know it’s comforting for me to hear and share stats!  Good luck everyone!

The GRE was not a good time. This is my first time too. I wish my sGPA was higher, but I studied biomedical engineering and some of the science credits from there dropped it a bit. I graduated in 2019 and will be turning 23 this year. Happy early birthday too! Your hours are great, and I'm sure that is more important in the long run for some schools.

Edited by LivPA

2 minutes ago, aap423 said:

I think it depends on what your hours are in, I think a couple hundred hours won’t make or break you getting an interview. I have slightly lower GPA but similar hour totals and have received an interview at another program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply I just got a rejection letter this morning, and im just low key freaking haha. congrats on your interview? where is it?

10 minutes ago, aap423 said:

This whole process is extremely stressful, heartbreaking, yet exciting all at the same time so try not to get too discouraged, you want to go to a program that wants you as much as you want to go there. This is my second year applying, and I got waitlisted last year after interviewing and waiting 3 months to hear back. And I have an interview at Frostburg next Wednesday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations! I hope everything goes amazing this year!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LivPA said:

Also I have both organic chemistry and biochemistry. My biochemistry is 3 credits and o chem is 4. I see biochemistry is preferred but who used organic chem and still got an interview?

I listed both, I wanted to say absolutely do not get discouraged, in fact get motivated more than ever to crush the interviews you WILL land, sooner rather than later. This process is random. I'm a nontraditional applicant with more PCE hours/clinical experience than the avg, but with a lower cGPA. My personal statement was unique and I believe my letters of rec were top notch. You really never know what programs are looking for, but that's no reason not to put yourself out there to each program you're interested in and see if you and the program are a match. I was shocked to get an interview given the extremely competitive applicants to Wingate but I will show up and demonstrate my passion during the interview and see if it connects with the adcom. If not, perhaps it will somewhere else. But we'll keep fighting for our dreams no matter what, so get out there and start preparing for interviews! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sc215266 said:

I listed both, I wanted to say absolutely do not get discouraged, in fact get motivated more than ever to crush the interviews you WILL land, sooner rather than later. This process is random. I'm a nontraditional applicant with more PCE hours/clinical experience than the avg, but with a lower cGPA. My personal statement was unique and I believe my letters of rec were top notch. You really never know what programs are looking for, but that's no reason not to put yourself out there to each program you're interested in and see if you and the program are a match. I was shocked to get an interview given the extremely competitive applicants to Wingate but I will show up and demonstrate my passion during the interview and see if it connects with the adcom. If not, perhaps it will somewhere else. But we'll keep fighting for our dreams no matter what, so get out there and start preparing for interviews! 

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am a nontraditional one where I am an engineer and switching career paths. You said you listen both in CASPA under the one requirement?

5 minutes ago, LivPA said:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am a nontraditional one where I am an engineer and switching career paths. You said you listen both in CASPA under the one requirement?

That's awesome and I think your nontraditional background will really make you stand out! I reviewed my submitted CASPA for Wingate and had two separate prereq designations, one for Organic and one for Biochem. I do see an (*) asterisk next to their name and I cannot recall if the instructions asked for one or the other, but I submitted both as I had taken and earned A's in both. Sorry if that's not more helpful, I'm at work otherwise I would screenshot the file. 

2 minutes ago, sc215266 said:

That's awesome and I think your nontraditional background will really make you stand out! I reviewed my submitted CASPA for Wingate and had two separate prereq designations, one for Organic and one for Biochem. I do see an (*) asterisk next to their name and I cannot recall if the instructions asked for one or the other, but I submitted both as I had taken and earned A's in both. Sorry if that's not more helpful, I'm at work otherwise I would screenshot the file. 

Actually,  I am dumb. I was thinking of a different school for the requirements haha. But for my PCE, idk how to update the hours since I have 200 more than what CASPA says...