2020-2021 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, sc215266 said:

Hey good evening, did anyone who is interviewing tomorrow receive the "Canvas page" invite that JoAnn Smith referenced in her previous email? I imagine this will be utilized to access the pharmacology lecture we sit in and have yet to receive the link thus far! 

Edit: I'm mistaken, the Zoom link is included in the interview day itinerary. Still no Canvas page invite though!

Hello! I received an email from Susan Lance about my itinerary and then received the Canvas invite about 2 hours later. Maybe check your spam? See you tomorrow!

Hello fellow pre-PA friends! I received a nice email from the Hendersonville campus. The administrator thought my app was strong, but recommended I retake the GRE (5.0 writing (92%), 163 verbal (92%), 150 quant (36%)). This was... disappointing. I know I like many of you have invested so much time and money into this process, and the fact that it was not over kind of killed me. She wrote: "Your application will remain active and we will contact you if an opportunity to interview arises.  Should you decide to take the GRE, the ideal time period is before the end of October." Do any of you with more experience in this process than I feel that this email basically means that I will not hear anything unless I retake the GRE? 

Best of luck to you all. This forum has been my saving grace during this process. I've seen such kindness and support on these forums and look forward to one day practicing in this career with you all as colleagues. 

4 minutes ago, MellifluousButterfly said:

Hello fellow pre-PA friends! I received a nice email from the Hendersonville campus. The administrator thought my app was strong, but recommended I retake the GRE (5.0 writing (92%), 163 verbal (92%), 150 quant (36%)). This was... disappointing. I know I like many of you have invested so much time and money into this process, and the fact that it was not over kind of killed me. She wrote: "Your application will remain active and we will contact you if an opportunity to interview arises.  Should you decide to take the GRE, the ideal time period is before the end of October." Do any of you with more experience in this process than I feel that this email basically means that I will not hear anything unless I retake the GRE? 

Best of luck to you all. This forum has been my saving grace during this process. I've seen such kindness and support on these forums and look forward to one day practicing in this career with you all as colleagues. 

I was in a similar position! I had been so glad I was done with the GRE. But when they asked to retake it, I knew that was my only shot to get an interview. So I studied for 30 days straight, several hours every day (I used Magoosh the 2nd time around; they offer a 5-point guarantee). I ended up getting 10 points higher and scoring above the 50th percentile in all categories. After reporting my score, they offered me an interview. It is my impression that I would not have received an interview invitation if I had not retaken the GRE.

I hope this helps! I also applied to Hendersonville!

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, MellifluousButterfly said:

I had the same thing happen to me as @PA2b55. I used Magoosh also and my score improved greatly. Only difference is they asked me to retake it, I said I was going too, and they invited me for an interview without having taken it yet. I applied to the main campus though. Best of luck!

52 minutes ago, MellifluousButterfly said:

Yikes, I feel like I'm going to get that email as well. I applied to the Hendersonville campus just last week and received an email that they received my app but are waiting on my GRE scores (I requested the scores be sent the same day I submitted but they were not yet received). I scored 160 on verbal, 150 on quant, and 4.5 on writing. I was happy with those scores since taking at home was a challenge especially since I had protests happening right outside my house when I took it and most schools seems to want you to get at least 150 in each section. My 150 in quant puts me in the 36% as well. I feel like I can definitely get a better score if I tried again since I didn't prep much the first time and had many distractions but I just don't know if I have the money or mental capacity to do it again!

On 9/13/2020 at 3:58 PM, Ben7 said:

Any idea how many students have been accepted to the Hendersonville campus thus far? 

I interviewed on 9/8 which was the first interview and there were only 4 of us I believe applying to Hendersonville. I was accepted so at least one person. Hope this helps!

Edited by PA2b55

After much thought, I will be declining my seat in this amazing program to be closer to my family. It brings me joy that this decision will create an opportunity for another deserving student. Although it is also bittersweet as I so vividly saw myself learning aside each of you and thriving in Charlotte, NC. I wish everyone in the upcoming cohort the absolute best that life has to offer and I regret that I will not have the chance to meet all of you talented individuals in person. Best of luck in PA school and beyond! 

On 9/17/2020 at 8:41 PM, MellifluousButterfly said:

I will also be interviewing for the Hendersonville campus December 15! Gah, I wish we could all meet, but hopefully the Zoom format is still informative for us. So excited!!!! 

Congrats! I will be interviewing for the Hendersonville campus on December 1. In regards to your previous post about the GRE, are you retaking it? My quant score is the same and I'm debating if I should retake or not. 

On 9/25/2020 at 11:01 AM, Aguynamedky said:

Congrats!!! Did you receive a phone call or email acceptance to Hendersonville!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received a phone call a few days after the interview even though they told us they'd get back to us in ~2 weeks. I then received the official offer via email.