2020-2021 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, secondroundbestround said:

I received an email from JoAnn Smith today that my GRE scores just barely missed the mark to gain an interview, and that my application remains pending... if i take it again and get in the 50th % or above to let the program know. 

Anyone else get this email?! 

No, I didn’t get that email (personally) but my friend did. 

19 minutes ago, secondroundbestround said:

I received an email from JoAnn Smith today that my GRE scores just barely missed the mark to gain an interview, and that my application remains pending... if i take it again and get in the 50th % or above to let the program know. 

I didn’t get it either. I was barely above the 50% on verbal too but my quant was 71% so hopefully that offsets it. 

48 minutes ago, secondroundbestround said:

I got it as well 😞 it honestly wrecked my confidence but I’m going to take the opportunity as I was going to retake it next cycle any way. 

9 hours ago, elombard said:

I got it as well 😞 it honestly wrecked my confidence but I’m going to take the opportunity as I was going to retake it next cycle any way. 

Don’t let it get you down!! Some programs don’t care as much about the GRE. I thought it was so nice that they even gave the opportunity to retake it instead of flat out saying no. Something about our applications must’ve had potential or else they wouldn’t have wasted their time. I’m gonna take it in 2 weeks... I was 46th percentile for verbal and 45th for quant.... this will be my 3rd attempt- i’m so bad @ standardized tests. 

• Like 1

I received an interview invitation today for the fall. I was emailed around two months ago by the program and they recommended I retake the GRE, which I did July 2nd, and I got an interview invitation quickly after they received my improved scores! Don't give up!!

Also, I applied for the Hendersonville campus.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Raegan said:

I received an interview invitation today for the fall. I was emailed around two months ago by the program and they recommended I retake the GRE, which I did July 2nd, and I got an interview invitation quickly after they received my improved scores! Don't give up!!

Congrats! Mind sharing your old scores and new scores? I got the same email (07/10) and am retaking my GRE on 07/25. Been studying my ass off over the past 2 weeks and so nervous! 

Old scores: Verbal (150- 46th %) Quant (152- 45%) 

22 hours ago, Raegan said:

Amazing, congrats!!! I am retaking mine August 7th and currently doing magoosh. I am PRAYING it works out and I’m already seeing improvement. My quant was the only thing that was really bad so I’m trying to hit that 153 that they asked for. 

On 7/23/2020 at 7:55 AM, secondroundbestround said:

Congrats! Mind sharing your old scores and new scores? I got the same email (07/10) and am retaking my GRE on 07/25. Been studying my ass off over the past 2 weeks and so nervous! 

Old scores: Verbal (150- 46th %) Quant (152- 45%) 

My old score was Verbal 148 - 37% and Quant 151 - 41%. I hardly prepared for the first time taking it, the second time I studied close to 2 months and made Verbal - 153, Quant - 157! 

Best of luck 🙂

On 7/23/2020 at 5:03 PM, elombard said:

Amazing, congrats!!! I am retaking mine August 7th and currently doing magoosh. I am PRAYING it works out and I’m already seeing improvement. My quant was the only thing that was really bad so I’m trying to hit that 153 that they asked for. 

You got it!! Honestly I think the best study technique is taking multiple practice tests before my actual test date. I think I took 4-5 practice GRE tests before my actual one and it really helped. Good luck!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Raegan said:

My old score was Verbal 148 - 37% and Quant 151 - 41%. I hardly prepared for the first time taking it, the second time I studied close to 2 months and made Verbal - 153, Quant - 157! 

Best of luck 🙂

Thank you! I took it on Saturday and got a 153 verbal and 154 quant! So stoked! Did you email Wingate once you got your scores or just send the new scores? I sent my new scores yesterday at the testing center for free but can't remember how long they take to officially post. Also how long after your new scores arrived until you got an interview invite? 

On 7/26/2020 at 7:04 PM, secondroundbestround said:

Thank you! I took it on Saturday and got a 153 verbal and 154 quant! So stoked! Did you email Wingate once you got your scores or just send the new scores? I sent my new scores yesterday at the testing center for free but can't remember how long they take to officially post. Also how long after your new scores arrived until you got an interview invite? 

It took close to a week or longer for the official scores to be sent, I emailed them as well just to inform them I had taken it again and to be on the lookout for my scores! I received an interview invite maybe 2-3 days later. 

• Like 1