2020-2021 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, pasunite said:

Anybody who's recently interviewed care to share how that went and what it was like?  i've heard it's very tough.  What makes it so challenging?  Anybody hearing from other programs?  

Hey! This was the first school I interviewed at / was accepted to and I found the experience to be very pleasant! Everyone was very encouraging and welcoming. The faculty interview was with 2 members of the program and myself, and it was pretty conversational with a few traditional interview questions thrown in there. Then there was a small group interview with about 5 other interviewees and 2 current students where they had us go around and each answer the same question (a "tell us about a time when" type of question). I would say just try to go into it with confidence and be prepared with a few experiences / things you want to speak about, and then just try to let your personality show through! I definitely wouldn't describe it as very tough as they are not trying to trick you, really seemed like they were just trying to get to know you throughout the process!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/10/2020 at 3:20 PM, PrePA2020123456789 said:

Hey! This was the first school I interviewed at / was accepted to and I found the experience to be very pleasant! Everyone was very encouraging and welcoming. The faculty interview was with 2 members of the program and myself, and it was pretty conversational with a few traditional interview questions thrown in there. Then there was a small group interview with about 5 other interviewees and 2 current students where they had us go around and each answer the same question (a "tell us about a time when" type of question). I would say just try to go into it with confidence and be prepared with a few experiences / things you want to speak about, and then just try to let your personality show through! I definitely wouldn't describe it as very tough as they are not trying to trick you, really seemed like they were just trying to get to know you throughout the process!

Thank you for the info! Was there a writing piece to the interview? Or was it the faculty and small ground interviews only?

I received an interview invite a week or two ago. I am so excited but nervous and want to prepare well.

On 9/14/2020 at 3:12 PM, Emrosti1215 said:

Thank you for the info! Was there a writing piece to the interview? Or was it the faculty and small ground interviews only?

I received an interview invite a week or two ago. I am so excited but nervous and want to prepare well.

I interviewed last month and there wasn't a writing portion. Good luck, you got this! 🙂

I know there's a lot of interview related questions on here but would anybody be able to elaborate what the group interview experience was like (I've never had one for school), i.e. did everyone answer the question with their own experiences or did everyone try to piggyback and expand on the answers for a question? How long was the group interview portion?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, prepatofuturePA said:

I know there's a lot of interview related questions on here but would anybody be able to elaborate what the group interview experience was like (I've never had one for school), i.e. did everyone answer the question with their own experiences or did everyone try to piggyback and expand on the answers for a question? How long was the group interview portion?

I can only speak for how my group interview was, but essentially a question was asked and everyone took turns answering it individually. There was no order of who was supposed to answer next. And it lasted about 30-45 mins.