2020-2021 Application Cycle

5 hours ago, WMelonPA said:

I just got the call! Accepted!!!!! I interviewed on July 29th and was told to expect 4 weeks at least so very shocked!

First of all congratulations!!! Did you have to make a yes or no decision over the phone? Or would it be okay to ask for some time to consider? I guess what I’m getting at is do you know if they’ll send an email with a written confirmation of acceptance after the phone call? Thanks!

Hi all,

I received the acceptance call two weeks ago and have been lurking waiting to hear from other students. I was curious if anyone knew about an accepted students group chat/page/anything along those lines, I know they normally start getting made around this time for upcoming classes. Thanks ! 

• Like 1

Just now, Astoman92 said:

Hi all,

I received the acceptance call two weeks ago and have been lurking waiting to hear from other students. I was curious if anyone knew about an accepted students group chat/page/anything along those lines, I know they normally start getting made around this time for upcoming classes. Thanks ! 

Congrats!!!!

10 hours ago, TaylorCuenin said:

First of all congratulations!!! Did you have to make a yes or no decision over the phone? Or would it be okay to ask for some time to consider? I guess what I’m getting at is do you know if they’ll send an email with a written confirmation of acceptance after the phone call? Thanks!

You do not need to give an answer over the phone. They send you an email with instructions to put down a deposit and they give you one week to reply with your answer.

17 hours ago, TheColorBlue said:

A bit late to the game but... I just submitted my application today. Still working on supplemental apps for other schools and didn't realize Cornell had one after you submit to CASPA 😓 Oy!

The supplemental was that sent in a separate email? I only received a verification email from Cornell, but nothing has a supplemental. 

On 8/4/2020 at 7:37 PM, PABoi said:

Congrats to everyone getting accepted!!! 🥳 That is so so so exciting 😊 If you don't mind me asking! Have they told you anything about whether they plan to do the program virtually or in person? It's something I've been curious about!

I asked this question during my interview and the answer was basically that they aren't sure. I think they would prefer to have it in person if possible but it obviously just depends on what the situation is like in the coming months (sorry not super helpful)!

1 hour ago, PrePA2020123456789 said:

I asked this question during my interview and the answer was basically that they aren't sure. I think they would prefer to have it in person if possible but it obviously just depends on what the situation is like in the coming months (sorry not super helpful)!

No, that is helpful! I appreciate it 🙂 I hope they move to in person too 

Hi everyone! For the people that got the supplemental, how did you interpret the second question?

I'm not sure if it means difficulty getting a certain number of hours (due to covid) or challenges faced at work (i.e a difficult patient) or another interpretation?

Thanks in advance!

13 hours ago, Abbslau said:

Hi everyone! For the people that got the supplemental, how did you interpret the second question?

I'm not sure if it means difficulty getting a certain number of hours (due to covid) or challenges faced at work (i.e a difficult patient) or another interpretation?

Thanks in advance!

I was confused about this too, but I went with challenges faced at work. I feel like they wouldn't assume COVID affected all applicants' HCE/PCE, because plenty of people had it all done by the time they applied.

• Like 1