CASPA Application Cycle 2020-2021

Anyone know where the program is holding with the interview process?

I applied around October time (although I'm assuming timing doesn't matter much since I thought the program does not have rolling admissions). I'm wondering how many seats were filled and if the program will still be conducting interviews for a while...

Another question for you guys: LIU did wave the requirement to take the GRE this year due to the COVID climate. Did those of you who were accepted and/or offered an interview take the GRE?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sld123 said:

Anyone know where the program is holding with the interview process?

I applied around October time (although I'm assuming timing doesn't matter much since I thought the program does not have rolling admissions). I'm wondering how many seats were filled and if the program will still be conducting interviews for a while...

Another question for you guys: LIU did wave the requirement to take the GRE this year due to the COVID climate. Did those of you who were accepted and/or offered an interview take the GRE?

Hi I believe they are still interviewing. I know they will have interviews in February! I interviewed and I did not submit my GRE scores 

• Like 1

On 12/21/2020 at 3:58 PM, egPAstudent said:

Hey everyone! I was accepted and paid my deposit but my LIU blackboard account says my application went from “admitted” to  “incomplete.” I tried emailing the program about it but I’ve gotten no response yet. Did anyone else who was accepted see this on theirs? 

hi...is there a way one should make this payment? I can't seem to find any entry that highlights the seat deposit payment.

I have interviewed on 12/15/20. It was early in the morning but lasted no more than 2 hours including the intro and Q&A. Interview itself was one of the best I have had (5 interviews). Very relaxed, asking mostly about myself, no unreasonable questions. 2 on 1-professor and a current student, both very very very nice. I still haven't heard anything, being patient. Good luck to you all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2021 at 11:21 AM, EmCav said:

Has anyone contacted the school to get an update on their application?

yes I have, and this was there response to when I ask when I should hear a reply, he was specific in the first email, he just said Spring so I asked for clarification: 

I cannot give you a specific date, but it will be around late March/early April. The seats are not filled yet, therefore we are still accepting students. We fill 40-42 seats a year. 

3 hours ago, Paapplicant12345 said:

Does anyone know which email to send to ask about their application status? 

Don't know the answer to your question specifically but if you got an interview I assume you should be hearing back very soon. Received an email earlier today that I was waitlisted.

Edited by QuestTibaPA