CASPA Application Cycle 2020-2021

1 minute ago, PAgirl06 said:

What do you mean in review, how do you know, sorry for all the questions!

No worries! This is what the email said when they received my application: "Thank you for your interest in the LIU Physician Assistant Program. We are writing to let you know your CASPA application has been received and verified. It is currently under review by the LIU PA Program.  Again, thank you for applying to the LIU Physician Assistant Program." 

So from this email, I knew my application was finally under review and their program was determining if I should get an interview or not. Hope this makes sense! 

• Like 1

I submitted my application on 11/30/20 and received verification that my application was under review on 12/01/20! Did anyone else apply recently as well? Hoping for the best! I wish you all the very best of luck! I am a 3rd time PA school applicant so I know the stress and anxiety this time brings us all! It’s not a matter of IF but only WHEN for us! Just remember that! 

cheers 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EmilyJean said:

I submitted my application on 11/30/20 and received verification that my application was under review on 12/01/20! Did anyone else apply recently as well? Hoping for the best! I wish you all the very best of luck! I am a 3rd time PA school applicant so I know the stress and anxiety this time brings us all! It’s not a matter of IF but only WHEN for us! Just remember that! 

cheers 

Yes I applied in October! And I am also a reapplicant! Goodluck Thanks for the motivation 

10 hours ago, EmCav said:

any ideas or tips for writing the personal statement... I'm not sure what to say...

The best advice I ever got for the personal statement was to show them why PA is the path for you - don’t tell them. You need to use all of your experiences in life and in medicine to again show why this career is the one for you versus all of the other options. I’d recommend checking out myparesource and How to Write Your Physician Assistant Personal Statement on Amazon/Kindle. The Pre-PA Club Facebook group is another good resource, you can search that group for personal statement posts. Good luck!

27 minutes ago, egPAstudent said:

In the email they sent they said to upload a picture of yourself to CASPA, does anyone know how to do this?? 

Yeah I inquired with CASPA additionally and they said to reach out to the program. So I sent a follow up email stating that there was no place to upload a photo so I just attached it to the second message. Haven't heard back from LIU though either way.

• Like 2