2020-2021 Application Cycle

Just for everyone waiting still... I was looking through the past forums for some insight.  It seems the last time they notified everyone by their self-imposed deadline of March 1st was 3 cycles ago.  The last two cycles were notified about a week late I believe.  One cycle notified via email that they were on the waiting list... followed by another email several days later of their number on that waitlist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Additional information... I politely inquired about the status of the admission decisions this morning and received an email stating: 

"Thank you for your email. We are still working on admissions reviews and will send out a letter by the end of next week."

I have to admit that the delay is rather irritating.  They really should look into changing the published date on their website and not set people up to expect a decision on a certain date during the interview since they've been missing it year after year.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DanCoon said:

Additional information... I politely inquired about the status of the admission decisions this morning and received an email stating: 

"Thank you for your email. We are still working on admissions reviews and will send out a letter by the end of next week."

I have to admit that the delay is rather irritating.  They really should look into changing the published date on their website and not set people up to expect a decision on a certain date during the interview since they've been missing it year after year.

Last year I received an email for waitlist on 3/6. I understand that it sucks to have to wait and that the March 1st expectation makes it that much worst (been there done that). I think that as future PAs we need to be more understanding and accepting of deviations from the original plan. I'm sure there are many things that go on behind the scenes that we aren't aware of and that faculty and admissions staff are doing their best. Can't imagine sorting through thousands of applicants and narrowing down to 144 interviewees and then needing to coordinate with my colleagues to go over all the interviewees that will get a seat (especially since we're all great applicants). Take that and add on teaching, clinical and familial responsibilities. I'm sure it's a stressful time for everyone. I hope everyone hears back soon with good news!!! 😃

Edited by ninjahmc
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, ninjahmc said:

Last year I received an email for waitlist on 3/6. I understand that it sucks to have to wait and that the March 1st expectation makes it that much worst (been there done that). I think that as future PAs we need to be more understanding and accepting of deviations from the original plan. I'm sure there are many things that go on behind the scenes that we aren't aware of and that faculty and admissions staff are doing their best. Can't imagine sorting through thousands of applicants and narrowing down to 144 interviewees and then needing to coordinate with my colleagues to go over all the interviewees that will get a seat (especially since we're all great applicants). Take that and add on teaching, clinical and familial responsibilities. I'm sure it's a stressful time for everyone. I hope everyone hears back soon with good news!!! 😃

I completely agree with you. I’m sure they’re trying their best and I can’t imagine how difficult it is to finalize their decisions.

I’m grateful that they’re not rushing with decisions just to meet a proposed deadline. Better to have them thoroughly look over your application and discuss why/why not you deserve a seat rather than skim over and possibly miss an important detail that might hinder your chance of acceptance. IMO! 

& I definitely understand that this wait is absolutely dreadful. I’m absolutely riddled with anxiety, but we gotta remember to stay patient. They really don’t owe us anything lol 

Edited by dianan604
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DTHAI said:

For the people who have been accepted: have you guys received anything other than the phone call?

I haven't gotten anything after the call which was Feb 18 after the Feb 13 interview. Just waiting patiently and only having mild panics that I missed the email once every couple days.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DTHAI said:

For the people who have been accepted: have you guys received anything other than the phone call?

I interviewed 2/6 and was called 2/9. I emailed Melinda Ngo recently to make sure I didn’t miss anything and she said we would hear officially from admissions by the end of next week. Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1