2020-2021 Application Cycle

Hi everyone! 

I am in the class of 2022! 

Congrats to those who have been accepted and for those of you who have not been DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE!

I read several questions regarding the APOS list, we have heard that there is always a good amount of movement from that list! Yes the class is basically full at this point but I know several of my classmates were accepted off the APOS list! So still go into your interview with the right mind set!

Please do not hesitate to reach out for any reason at all! 

Also, if you guys decide to make a facebook page for just students (no faculty approval is needed for this - our class has a students only page) please send me the link 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jsutt13 said:

Hi everyone! 

Congrats to those who have been accepted and for those of you who have not been DO NOT GIVE UP HOPE!

I read several questions regarding the APOS list, we have heard that there is always a good amount of movement from that list! Yes the class is basically full at this point but I know several of my classmates were accepted off the APOS list! So still go into your interview with the right mind set!

Also, if you guys decide to make a facebook page for just students (no faculty approval is needed for this - our class has a students only page) please send me the link 🙂 

Hi, does ATSU have cadavers for students to dissect? Or do they use digital anatomy?

13 minutes ago, Candiceprepa said:

Hi, does ATSU have cadavers for students to dissect? Or do they use digital anatomy?

We do not have cadavers its all digital anatomy, over the summer you will get a general anatomy course and it is directed more at clinical relevance 🙂

While covering each system (i.e cardio, pulm, endo, ect) anatomy and physio is reviewed in detail with more detail!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jsutt13 said:

We do not have cadavers its all digital anatomy, over the summer you will get a general anatomy course and it is directed more at clinical relevance 🙂

While covering each system (i.e cardio, pulm, endo, ect) anatomy and physio is reviewed in detail with more detail!

Thank you!! Do you feel adequate going into the surgery rotation? 

2 hours ago, jsutt13 said:

Hi everyone! 

Thanks so much! I was wondering if your program is recording the online lectures? Are any lectures in person this year? 

2 hours ago, katyrd said:

Thanks so much! I was wondering if your program is recording the online lectures? Are any lectures in person this year? 

We are required to be logged onto zoom for the entire lecture with cameras on. The lectures are recorded and uploaded to canvas shortly after the lecture end! 

We have been doing clinical skills and history and physical in person until recently (to allow for student to travel home for the holidays and quarantine after returning)

19 hours ago, jsutt13 said:

Hi everyone! 

What are included in the mandatory fees for the program?

For example, is it mandatory that you have to pay for the AAPA membership? What medical supplies are included in the fees (scrubs, stethoscope? suturing kit? etc.)

4 hours ago, Candiceprepa said:

What are included in the mandatory fees for the program?

For example, is it mandatory that you have to pay for the AAPA membership? What medical supplies are included in the fees (scrubs, stethoscope? suturing kit? etc.)

You are not required to join APAA unless you are elected to the student board! 

Scrubs are not included but we wear black scrubs that are embroidered (any brand is fine) here is a scrub shop that does most if not everyones scrubs for a reasonable price (I cant remember the specifics at this moment).

You are supplied with the basic equipment (stethoscopes, ophthalmoscope, otoscope, and blood pressure cuff included) I'm pretty sure we are supplied some suture kits for practice when we get there but don't quote me on that!

• Like 1

Hey everyone! 

I haven't seen a Facebook group or anything of sorts created for the accepted students yet, so I decided to just pull the trigger and make a GroupMe for everyone to start getting to know each other and communicate easily until classes start. I look forward to meeting you all!

https://groupme.com/join_group/64497952/OeNLEKwi

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 12:47 PM, PhantomOpera said:

congratulations!! would you be comfortable sharing when you interviewed and when you were placed on the APOS list?

Sorry for my late reply! Interviewed 12/7/20, notified of placement on APOS list on 12/9/20, and accepted 2/2/21. Hope that helps 🙂

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...