Application Cycle 2019-2020

1 minute ago, prepaperson said:

I submitted my (verified) application on 6/12 but I still have not gotten a confirmation that they have received my app.. do they send confirmations out?

I submitted 5/20 and didn’t get confirmation until 6/10 so I think it just takes awhile!

• Upvote 1

They probably do them in batches because I submitted on 6/6 and also received verification on 6/10. The confirmation email said the deadline is 8/1 and we probably wouldn't hear anything more until 8/31, so there's still plenty of time to wait and stress out about every little thing.

• Upvote 1

Hi Everyone! Firstly, congratulations for beginning your applications to OU's PA Program! As a current student, I can confidently say that I am pleased beyond words with my choice to attend to attend OU - it's an absolutely incredible program!

I thought I would share a little bit about how *my* application process went in order to provide some information and reassurance (providing they have not changed anything), because I know that every program is different.

I submitted my application in late July to meet the August 1st deadline. I received CASPA verification, and an email from the university stating that they had received my application the following day. During my application process, they contacted everyone who received a supplemental application about a month later (early September), and I do not believe they began reviewing the supplemental applications until after the deadline to submit in early October. Shortly thereafter they began sending out interview invites.

I received my interview invite in November and was accepted in December. 

I know this process can be crazy and stressful, but please try to relax and trust the process. You will end up exactly where you are meant to be, at the right time! Best of luck to everyone!

Edited by k1226
  • Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I am also a current OU student. Last year the first interview was 10/26 and first acceptances sent around 11/5. Although there was a phone call a few days prior. The invitation for the supplemental app did not go out until 9/1. 

The dates will likely not be exactly the same and this is a busy time for the school, but their dates for things were definitely later than some of the other Ohio programs. 

I am really excited for you guys and if you have any questions at all shoot me a message 🙂

• Upvote 1

On 7/3/2019 at 10:29 AM, k1226 said:

Hi Everyone! Firstly, congratulations for beginning your applications to OU's PA Program! As a current student, I can confidently say that I am pleased beyond words with my choice to attend to attend OU - it's an absolutely incredible program!

I thought I would share a little bit about how *my* application process went in order to provide some information and reassurance (providing they have not changed anything), because I know that every program is different.

I submitted my application in late July to meet the August 1st deadline. I received CASPA verification, and an email from the university stating that they had received my application the following day. During my application process, they contacted everyone who received a supplemental application about a month later (early September), and I do not believe they began reviewing the supplemental applications until after the deadline to submit in early October. Shortly thereafter they began sending out interview invites.

I received my interview invite in November and was accepted in December. 

I know this process can be crazy and stressful, but please try to relax and trust the process. You will end up exactly where you are meant to be, at the right time! Best of luck to everyone!

Thank you so much for this! It was definitely nice to read, as it can be difficult to stay patient during this process lol! It is great to hear that you love the program so much! If you don't mind, would you share the stats of your application when you applied? 

I was verified 7/1 and have yet to hear confirmation from OU that my materials have been received. I’m actually from Dublin so I stopped in yesterday to see the facilities (which are fabulous!) and ended up chatting with the secretary who said that Denielle is working on sending out more confirmations soon. Let me know if you have any questions about the Dublin area! 

Edited by sunnyday88

On 7/16/2019 at 4:20 PM, Kristen321 said:

Thank you so much for this! It was definitely nice to read, as it can be difficult to stay patient during this process lol! It is great to hear that you love the program so much! If you don't mind, would you share the stats of your application when you applied? 

You are welcome!! Please let me know if you or anyone else has any questions about the program, application process or PA school in general! I can't promise consistently rapid responses because of school, but I am happy to help in any way that I can!

If I were to give any advice, it would be to not compare yourself to the other applicants - although this is MUCH easier said than done. There will always be someone else applying that appears to be "more qualified" with better grades, or more PCE hours, or more medical exposure, but don't let that discourage you. Most programs want to make sure they are getting the best possible students in every respect - personable, caring, compassionate, hard-working and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of future patients and to bettering the PA profession as a whole. Have confidence in your application and in yourself, but remain humble as well. Understand that everything happens for a reason and it will work out exactly as it is meant to. 

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Edited by k1226
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, GemmaJean said:

just submitted my supplemental! does anyone know what % of people who are chosen to complete the supplemental actually get chosen for interviews? 

I imagine that anyone who passes the autofilter (i.e. meet the GRE and GPA requirements) are invited for a secondary.  If their class max is 45 I imagine they'll interview ~150.  This is pure speculation, though, since they don't list detailed numbers.

• 4 weeks later...