Application Cycle 2019-2020

On 6/27/2019 at 2:00 PM, prepaperson said:

I submitted my (verified) application on 6/12 but I still have not gotten a confirmation that they have received my app.. do they send confirmations out?

I've never received any confirmation from them as far as I remember, but I just received an interview invitation from them yesterday. I applied in June or July (can't remember cuz it's been a long time..)

On 7/20/2019 at 11:28 AM, k1226 said:

You are welcome!! Please let me know if you or anyone else has any questions about the program, application process or PA school in general! I can't promise consistently rapid responses because of school, but I am happy to help in any way that I can!

When I applied, my overall GPA was a 3.79, with a science GPA of 3.65. I had approximately 800 PCE hours as a PCA at a nursing facility (I was worried about my comparatively lower number of PCE hours, but they really consider the applicant as a whole and not just purely based off of statistics). I also had 80-85 shadowing hours and close to 45 volunteer hours with various programs and service organizations.  

If I were to give any advice, it would be to not compare yourself to the other applicants - although this is MUCH easier said than done. There will always be someone else applying that appears to be "more qualified" with better grades, or more PCE hours, or more medical exposure, but don't let that discourage you. Most programs want to make sure they are getting the best possible students in every respect - personable, caring, compassionate, hard-working and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of future patients and to bettering the PA profession as a whole. Have confidence in your application and in yourself, but remain humble as well. Understand that everything happens for a reason and it will work out exactly as it is meant to. 

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Thank you so much for your sharing! Would you by chance be able to share some tips on the interview? I just got the invitation yesterday and am all nervous about it already :3

Also I don't believe I submitted a supplemental application at all but I just received the interview invitation yesterday, should I be concerned at all? 

Thank you so much!!

Justina

22 hours ago, Justinasyu said:

Thank you so much for your sharing! Would you by chance be able to share some tips on the interview? I just got the invitation yesterday and am all nervous about it already :3

Also I don't believe I submitted a supplemental application at all but I just received the interview invitation yesterday, should I be concerned at all? 

Thank you so much!!

Justina

Congratulations on receiving an interview invitation, that is so exciting!!

Unfortunately, I do not have any details about the interview, but if I were to give any advice (granted, I know this is generic interview advice), it would be to come prepared with questions to ask, enjoy the experience and don't be nervous! Everyone at the program is super welcoming, so there's not need to be nervous at all. 

In regards to the supplemental application, I would maybe email Denielle (Admissions Coordinator) tomorrow to verify whether or not you actually submitted one. I would guess that you have submitted a supplemental since you got an interview invite, but I would just check to make sure that everything is good to go!

Again, congrats on the interview and good luck!!

15 minutes ago, acilona said:

Anyone who’s received an interview invite mind sharing their stats? 

cGPA: 3.10 (but 123 hours of post-bacc with a GPA of 3.79)
sGPA: 3.35 (Math/science prereq GPA 3.91)
PCE: ~8500 hours as a respiratory therapist
GRE: V156 (73%) Q157 (65%) W4.5 (82%)
Shadow: 80 hours split between an ED PA and a cardiology PA
Volunteer: 680
LORs from previous manager, pulmonologist/intensivist I work with, ED MD I work with, ED PA I work with/shadowed, respiratory school program director

I'm a bit of an outlier.