Westfield State University 2019-2020

8 hours ago, afchkn said:

I'm really sad that I didn't get an interview invite (yet?), I spoke to someone at their program before and she told me I had a higher than average GPA for their program. Extremely disappointed to say the least. 

Me too!!! Do you know if they do multiple interview dates??

1 hour ago, Caitlyn612 said:

Trying to stay strong and not completely die inside, but I was just rejected from Westfield state for an interview.

Good luck everyone!

Hey, I’m sorry to hear that. There’s always other schools and it just takes one. What time did you receive the email? Unfortunately, probably will be getting mine since I didn’t get an interview 😕 

Strange 

reports are a few years old

administration is fully behind changing this

they a publishing it on their own website with how they are handling it and it sounds pretty progressive. 

I do mot know the poster who brought up racism but in reviewing their provided links it seems like it is a few years old and the college has worked hard to correct it.  

I have done a few guest lectures there and was amazed at the diversity of the class   It is NOT a room full of white men     

I would also point out that in PA school you don’t really have time to do anything but try to survive the first year and most programs I am aware of are sort of standalone programs   There is not a lot of mingling with nonPA students as you simply don’t have time   (8or9 to 4or5pm in lectures then massive hitting books till bed time).   I just didn’t find time to even live during school  

it would be interesting to know if this poster is in the PA program, or a graduate of it    Or did they just not get in, or just a troll

Michael Scott’s posts were reported. I do not believe they violated the TOS, but he has deleted the posts of his own volition. Given the new account made with a random throw away email, account will be monitored for other activity.

Agree with Ventana. Seems like the school handled it well, I cannot verify the statement about diversity, but I trust Ventana over someone who joined 17 hours ago and only made 2 posts to defame a school. 

I have been invited to the interview day on the 6th of October! Does anyone have any information on the format of the interviews? Is it one on one? by committee? etc.? 

I'm trying to find out and if I learn anything I'll post it on this thread. Good luck everyone! and to those that didn't get an invite DON'T GIVE UP!! 

18 hours ago, HJB715 said:

I have been invited to the interview day on the 6th of October! Does anyone have any information on the format of the interviews? Is it one on one? by committee? etc.? 

I'm trying to find out and if I learn anything I'll post it on this thread. Good luck everyone! and to those that didn't get an invite DON'T GIVE UP!! 

Congrats! Did you get the invite last week with everyone else or yesterday? 

3 hours ago, PAapp10 said:

Has anyone not received an email either offering an interview or a rejection? I have not heard back from the program and I do not know if there is a possibility they are still extending offers or not

I haven't heard anything either! 😬 I applied 6/12 so I'm hoping they just haven't gotten to my application yet.

2 hours ago, 1madmamma said:

Received an interview invite yesterday! So excited! Interviewed there last year and was bummed not to get a seat. The school is amazing. The students and faculty are super nice and the area is beautiful!  Hoping the second times a charm! Can't wait!

Congrats!!! Is your interview on oct 6th as well?