Eastern Virginia Medical School 2019-2020 Cycle Applicants

1 minute ago, paXproper said:

I recieved this email in October:

This is a follow-up email letting you know that you have met all application file requirements and are eligible for review by the Application Review Committee.  This review process will extend until after the cycle closes and all applicants will receive a decision by June 2020.   ” 

The email includes a checklist of everything I needed (LORs, Casper, prereqs) with “yes” next to them.

I don’t know what this url thing is... 

Yeah, I didn't get a checklist. The personalized URL e-mail was sent to me last week on Wednesday actually, prior to me submitting my application through CASPA. The URL is basically a personalized website assigned to you from EVMS and your supposedly assigned a counselor through that as well, but I haven't been able to locate that on the site either. Maybe I will call admissions tomorrow and see if someone could clarify this new process they have going on. It's much different from last year.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:03 PM, Mhart5 said:

Hey Everyone! 

I saw on their website that they require a supplemental application, however I can't find a link to it anywhere. Does anyone know if there is a supplemental app? Thanks!

The actually don't require the supplemental application anymore, they have made some new changes to their application process. All that is required is everything through CASPA and the CASper test.

4 hours ago, PROSPECTIVEPA22 said:

Does anyone know if they are sending out e-mails stating your application has  been received or only posting it on our personalized URL? My personalized URL states that they have received my application for the program but I'm a little uneasy about that being the only confirmation. I didn't have a great experience last application period so I just want to be sure. Can anyone confirm?

I only received the email with the personal URL, not application confirmation email. I have submitted a question in the ask section and have emailed them as well but have not heard back anything. I am worried since it is saying my application is only 80% complete and that I need 1 more LOR, but I had all 3 of them on my CASPA. But have not been able to get in touch with anyone. 

18 hours ago, mtglynn97 said:

I only received the email with the personal URL, not application confirmation email. I have submitted a question in the ask section and have emailed them as well but have not heard back anything. I am worried since it is saying my application is only 80% complete and that I need 1 more LOR, but I had all 3 of them on my CASPA. But have not been able to get in touch with anyone. 

I would call and see if they can look up your application and address the discrepancy. I received an email from Rose, who is the director of Enrollment. She responded to my question that I sent via the personalized URL. She said if anything additional is needed on my application, they would contact me via e-mail. And all interview offers will be sent via e-mail as well. But that won't be until June. I would stay on them. They had a few issues with their application process last year and they are trying something new with this percentage of completion for your application

10 hours ago, Katnhi said:

How do you view your checklist? I submitted my CASPA application for EVMS earlier last week. Through my personalized URL the front page it says, good news! We've received your application for the program. I do not see a checklist. Does it take a few weeks to show up ? 

From the home page on the personal URL site on the left hand side of the page there is a list of links in orange. One of the links is application checklist, hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 3:58 PM, StephenATC said:

I applied to this program a few weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything from EVMS. Is anyone else in my situation or should I contact them?

I also never received anything about a personalized URL or any sort of contact, applied in October....anyone have any insight into this??

22 hours ago, medskoolmomOf4Cs said:

Everyone already took their CASPer test, what do you all think of that aspect of the application process 😅 

I think it's fantastic that EVMS wants to evaluate applicants on their ethics and judgment to create a more wholistic application process. I just wished it wasn't a timed test so I could convey my ideas clearer. It almost felt like more of a typing test than anything else.

Edited by alexEMTprePA

So I just checked my personalized URL and it's saying "Congratulations on your acceptance to the program, Alexandra!". Obviously this is a glitch since I haven't even been invited to interview and those won't be going out until June. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, alexEMTprePA said:

So I just checked my personalized URL and it's saying "Congratulations on your acceptance to the program, Alexandra!". Obviously this is a glitch since I haven't even been invited to interview and those won't be going out until June. Just curious if anyone else has experienced this. 

It's your lucky day! JK, my URL is right but I did get an email yesterday that said I still had a lot to turn in before my package could be considered complete which was definitely a glitch since I've had a confirmation email and my URL both says I'm 100%. I think it's just a busy time for them and they are working out some kinks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexEMTprePA said:

I received the exact same thing. I reached out to EVMS and they confirmed it was a glitch. It was nice seeing it though!! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FuturePA9987 said:

I received the exact same thing. I reached out to EVMS and they confirmed it was a glitch. It was nice seeing it though!! 

Just received a phone call from EVMS apologizing for the glitch. They said the site is under maintenance. Definitely was nice seeing!  

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 12:38 AM, Katnhi said:

I just received an email from Rose, stating that I met all the application file requirements and will be eligible for application review by the committee. We will receive a decision by June 2020.  

Did you reach out to Rose or did she just email you? 

On 3/1/2020 at 8:05 PM, patobe82 said:

Mine says congrats we have received your application! I just submitted mine on 2/29 and took the Casper 2/27!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also completed the CAPSer on 2/27! EVMS has not yet received my score yet, so my application checklist says 80%. Does your checklist say the same? I'm a little worried because it's past the deadline, but I think it should be fine since the test was taken prior to the March 1 deadline...right?? 

I am confused as to why some people are getting certain emails and some are not? I received the URL link and it states my application is 100% complete on 1/29 and then received an email from Rose addressed to a person with a different name from mine (was meant to go to a Deborah, but my name is Madison) on the same day. Most recently I got an email from EVMS Admission saying thank you for the application submission and to make sure all required items were submitted so that my application can be reviewed (CASPER, updated GPA, completed pre-reqs, and contact information). 

• Upvote 2