Eastern Virginia Medical School 2019-2020 Cycle Applicants

On 2/28/2020 at 5:35 PM, medskoolmomOf4Cs said:

Everyone already took their CASPer test, what do you all think of that aspect of the application process 😅 

CASPer Test id very challenging. The only thing I wish is they could provide us the score so I know what to expect. I was reading through notes and it can somehow affect your application.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mocarr78 said:

Got a 2nd confirmation email tonight.  states everyone will know by June 2020. So 2.5 months for interviews I'm guessing.  

June you should find out if you got an interview or not. Interview weekend should be July 17-19 according to their website.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Erskinesimone38 said:

So, with all this going on with the virus, how do you all think they will handle conducting interviews in July?

The CDC says 8 weeks for quarantine right now so I think we will have to wait for new recommendations before we can see what July looks like.

On 7/31/2019 at 8:51 PM, MZHolden said:

I took the CASPer test in June. It was easy. Good luck this application cycle. It took two for me to be accepted. I just got offered a seat at UVU. I had one interview last cycle and was waitlisted at MCPHS. Then one interview so far this cycle and was accepted. EVMS was very high on my list, in my top 3. 

Hello! Just wondering, did you get any feedback on what you were missing from the schools you applied to in your first cycle? 

this is my first cycle so just trying to get an idea of what schools are wanting to see more of. 

Thanks for offering to help us out ! Did you receive personalized comments about your application each time ? I  have been reading the forums and some people note how close they were score wise to being offered an interview or spot in the class. Was this true for you ? 

2 hours ago, patobe82 said:

This is my third time applying, I got an interview last year but didn’t make the class so if anyone had questions I’m your man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did everyone just receive the covid email from admissions? I was extremely close for being offered a seat. They said I needed more volunteer experience and brush up on my interview skills. So I started volunteering at the food bank since November and continued working in healthcare. Also, I’m asking PA’s I work with on how better to answer my interview questions. Since my first application I have retaken the prereqs I got a b in and got a’s. I have over a 100 hours of shadowing and 200 volunteer hours. It’s been a journey to say the least. These are all things I got from my consultations with the pa program. They are wonderful

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, patobe82 said:

Did everyone just receive the covid email from admissions? I was extremely close for being offered a seat. They said I needed more volunteer experience and brush up on my interview skills. So I started volunteering at the food bank since November and continued working in healthcare. Also, I’m asking PA’s I work with on how better to answer my interview questions. Since my first application I have retaken the prereqs I got a b in and got a’s. I have over a 100 hours of shadowing and 200 volunteer hours. It’s been a journey to say the least. These are all things I got from my consultations with the pa program. They are wonderful

Yes I did just receive the email about the new way of communication and how they are handling processing applications. 

this pandemic is absolutely crazy! 

but thank you for the response! This is my first time applying to EVMS and my first job in healthcare I did a lot of community work for about two years, and shadowed multiple physicians and PAs, I also have taken all the pre-reqs, the only courses I received Bs in were chemistry, organic chem and stats. Lol so hopefully I can still make the cut. My mother health care job was working for a private practice physician as a medical assistant and her front office staff, for almost three years now so that’s my direct patient care. I have been preparing for this for I would say four years now lolll, because I have been trying to make sure I was a good enough candidate before I applied.   

21 hours ago, patobe82 said:

This is my third time applying, I got an interview last year but didn’t make the class so if anyone had questions I’m your man!!

Hey! Since you visited the school and interviewed there, what are some of the things that you liked about the program compared to other PA schools? 

I just got the your application is complete and ready for review by the program email. EVMS is amazing they let you practice on real cadavers have the sentara simulation lab which prepares you to do real procedures. They have real actors who portray real medical problems and record your interaction with them. They have an amazing ultrasound program, which some programs don’t offer, and they also offer the hope clinic which allows students to volunteer at a community health clinic. It’s an amazing program with great professors

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, patobe82 said:

I just got the your application is complete and ready for review by the program email. EVMS is amazing they let you practice on real cadavers have the sentara simulation lab which prepares you to do real procedures. They have real actors who portray real medical problems and record your interaction with them. They have an amazing ultrasound program, which some programs don’t offer, and they also offer the hope clinic which allows students to volunteer at a community health clinic. It’s an amazing program with great professors

Love to hear these things! I just messaged you some extra questions. 

On 3/25/2020 at 6:04 PM, patobe82 said:

what are your stats?  do they have a certain range that they're looking for? 

On 8/19/2019 at 11:20 AM, Leah207 said:

Happy Monday all! Just wanted to confirm that there is no supplemental essay for EVMS this year?

I don't think there was one this year. I did not fill one out and got a notification saying that they had everything they needed for the admission board to look at my application.