ATSU 2019-2020 Cycle

On 12/7/2019 at 8:32 AM, PAGene said:

At my interview on December 2nd, they said they went through the whole APOS list last year and some of the waitlist. So it sounds to me that being on the APOS is a really positive thing! Just be patient! ( Which I know is hard!!!!) Good Luck!

Did they tell you how many were on the APOS list?? I emailed Wendy asking some questions and she said that last year they offered over 135 acceptances... so thats almost filling each seat twice. I'm just hellllaaaa nervous and want to get accepted already. I dont want to have to go to more interviews. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, essjphil said:

Interviewed Dec 2, but haven't heard anything yet. If you were to not be accepted, you would receive an email right?

That's what I was thinking, but no word yet. My friend who did not get accepted received an email about a week after she interviewed some people last cycle never heard back at all. 

On 12/11/2019 at 8:24 PM, essjphil said:

Interviewed Dec 2, but haven't heard anything yet. If you were to not be accepted, you would receive an email right?

Have you reached out to their admissions office? If so, what did they say? If I don't hear anything back this week, I plan to reach out to them to ask about the status of my application. I interviewed earlier this month, but like you, have not heard anything from them. 

23 hours ago, Ayalad said:

Have you reached out to their admissions office? If so, what did they say? If I don't hear anything back this week, I plan to reach out to them to ask about the status of my application. I interviewed earlier this month, but like you, have not heard anything from them. 

I haven't reached out yet but hopefully I can give them a call or email soon! But, I assume I was not accepted because it looks like the applicants who were accepted, were given acceptances right after their interviews.

2 hours ago, essjphil said:

I haven't reached out yet but hopefully I can give them a call or email soon! But, I assume I was not accepted because it looks like the applicants who were accepted, were given acceptances right after their interviews.

That's what I was thinking too. I will let you know what I find out. I think today was the last interview date so we may hear something soon. 

Edited by Ayalad

I just received an email from Wendy re-confirming out APOS position. 

She also mentioned that "The APOS list is not ranked - it is reviewed by the Admissions Committee continuously as seats open. " 

Does this mean we are being continuously reevaluated once seats open?  Not going to lie, this makes me even more anxious haha

5 hours ago, lh1996 said:

I just received an email from Wendy re-confirming out APOS position. 

She also mentioned that "The APOS list is not ranked - it is reviewed by the Admissions Committee continuously as seats open. " 

Does this mean we are being continuously reevaluated once seats open?  Not going to lie, this makes me even more anxious haha

That is my understanding of the APOS and the alternate list too, if they ever make it that far (I'm on the alternate list). Stay positive, I'm sure you will get a spot. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am an ATSU PA-S from the class of 2021 and we were told last week that the 2022 class is full (70 have accepted), they are done with interviews, the APOS list has 30-40 on it, and the Alternate list has 40-50 on it. If anyone withdraws (which happens more than one might think) admissions will go to the APOS list first. Once the APOS list is exhausted, they then go to the Alt list. These lists are ranked by the admissions team, but these rankings are not known by anyone else...so don’t ask! They get a little irritated by this. Don’t give up hope! We have a fair amount in our class that were on the APOS list since the Dec prior to start of class. Crazy life things always occur! 

Edited by AZkids
Grammar
  • Like 5