ATSU 2019-2020 Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

This may be helpful. I reached out to see if I could get an update. 

“Every applicant cohort is different and this year has been no exception. In the past our APOS list was very fluid however this has not been the case this year. We have only had 1 cancellation since December. We still may have cancellations occur prior to the start of the 2022 class.  Remember this is a competitive process so it isn't necessarily about the applicant but the level of the applicant in relation to applying for the same cohort. Some of our best students have applied 2 or 3 times prior to getting it. If you don't get this year don't let it discourage but be encouraged to re-apply.  If you do re-apply for the next cycle make sure you read our requirements again as they have changed somewhat.”

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hburt4 said:

This may be helpful. I reached out to see if I could get an update. 

“Every applicant cohort is different and this year has been no exception. In the past our APOS list was very fluid however this has not been the case this year. We have only had 1 cancellation since December. We still may have cancellations occur prior to the start of the 2022 class.  Remember this is a competitive process so it isn't necessarily about the applicant but the level of the applicant in relation to applying for the same cohort. Some of our best students have applied 2 or 3 times prior to getting it. If you don't get this year don't let it discourage but be encouraged to re-apply.  If you do re-apply for the next cycle make sure you read our requirements again as they have changed somewhat.”

Thank you for sharing this. I went on their website and it appears that they are still requiring the GRE. I read on one of the pre-pa FB groups that due to the current pandemic, they had changed that requirement. That does not matter for me as I've already taken it, but I was wondering if you had heard anything about that? I want to pass it on to help new applicants. Thank you in advance. 

Hi all, just wanted to post on here that I was offered a seat on March 27th and I accepted the offer! I was on the APOS list since the beginning of November. I just want to encourage everyone to not lose hope...I was starting to..but hey! You never know and there is still a few months left! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, just wanted to share that I was called to be placed on the APOS after my 12/16 interview and I was offered a seat on April 22nd! Seriously don't lose hope, just keep looking forward and working hard! This was my second time applying and it took me 8 years from the beginning to get to this point! I had a previous career and then became a stay at home mom for 6 years before going back to school to pursue another bachelor's degree and PA school. There were also mistakes I made from obtaining my first bachelor's degree that I needed to go back and fix so it hasn't been easy but it has been completely worth it. This was a fall down and get back up process every step of the way, but the key is never giving up on your dreams. If I can do it, so can you, don't lose hope!  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kasey79 said:

Hi all, just wanted to share that I was called to be placed on the APOS after my 12/16 interview and I was offered a seat on April 22nd! Seriously don't lose hope, just keep looking forward and working hard! This was my second time applying and it took me 8 years from the beginning to get to this point! I had a previous career and then became a stay at home mom for 6 years before going back to school to pursue another bachelor's degree and PA school. There were also mistakes I made from obtaining my first bachelor's degree that I needed to go back and fix so it hasn't been easy but it has been completely worth it. This was a fall down and get back up process every step of the way, but the key is never giving up on your dreams. If I can do it, so can you, don't lose hope!  

Oh wow, I totally assumed they were going in order of interview dates. I was placed on the APOS list after interviewing on December 4th. But hey thats awesome, congratulations to you!!  Hopefully the list keeps on moving and everyone is able to start classes in July!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Agospo2 said:

Oh wow, I totally assumed they were going in order of interview dates. I was placed on the APOS list after interviewing on December 4th. But hey thats awesome, congratulations to you!!  Hopefully the list keeps on moving and everyone is able to start classes in July!

They said that they would review the APOS and rerank it every time a seat opened, so its not by interview date. It's based on a number of things. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2020 at 1:54 PM, Ayalad said:

For those who have been accepted, what are you being told about when classes start? Just curious since this whole cycle and the next are going to be anything but typical. 

So far class is scheduled to start July 13th. Arizona is starting to re-open so they are hopeful we can start on time. White coat ceremony was scheduled for July10th, but the venue closed through the end of September so our ceremony has been post poned

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/2/2020 at 3:30 PM, HowSavage said:

Has anyone heard anything recently?? I'm trying to patiently wait.

I haven't heard anything as of yet as far as this cycle or the new cycle I just reapplied to. My application was verified via CASPA last week and I haven't received confirmation that they have received it yet. I think this is maybe the busiest time of the year so they may be backed up? 

• 4 weeks later...