ATSU 2019-2020 Cycle

Oh my goodness! I've been accepted! For those who haven't interviewed yet, I thought the whole day was pleasant and the staff were friendly. There was less time to talk to current students than my other interview (only one hour and it was just first-year students).

I stayed at the GreenTree hotel in Mesa. Traffic to get to the campus wasn't too bad in the morning as long as you're heading east instead of west (towards Phoenix).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MItvs18 said:

Hey all, I am now interviewing on Monday the 7th! Those of you that have interviewed, what hotels and such did you stay at? Did they have a shuttle that you could use, or did you end up using Uber? 

I stayed at the Residence Inn which is like 5 minutes away. I rented a car because I flew in on Saturday and I wanted to explore Scottsdale and Phoenix as well as the area around Mesa. I’m pretty sure the hotel said they would shuttle us within a five mile radius but I would call and ask. There’s also I believe a Hampton Inn within the same area too. 

1 hour ago, MItvs18 said:

Hey all, I am now interviewing on Monday the 7th! Those of you that have interviewed, what hotels and such did you stay at? Did they have a shuttle that you could use, or did you end up using Uber? 

I drove from California so luckily did not have to uber but I've used uber successfully for other interviews. You can also schedule uber rides beforehand if you think you might run into any issues. I didn't end up going the hotel route and used airbnb. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Also received my acceptance call yesterday, ahhh! What a journey!!

2 hours ago, azprepa96 said:

Got my acceptance call yesterday!! I'm so excited to start July 2020! 😀

4 hours ago, clr19 said:

Oh my goodness! I've been accepted! For those who haven't interviewed yet, I thought the whole day was pleasant and the staff were friendly. There was less time to talk to current students than my other interview (only one hour and it was just first-year students).

I stayed at the GreenTree hotel in Mesa. Traffic to get to the campus wasn't too bad in the morning as long as you're heading east instead of west (towards Phoenix).

Do y'all mind sharing when you interviewed?

Hi Guys! Just got my acceptance call yesterday!!! I'm so overjoyed, none it seems real yet!

I was really fortunate as I applied late and had a December interview but they let me know when someone dropped out last second so I was able to interview on 9/30! The staff was wonderful and made it such a positive experience even though I was really underprepared to interview! Good luck to all you guys and can't wait to meet the rest of you! 🙂 

Also I'm local so feel free to let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out or if any of the other local accepted students want to meet up! I work mornings so I can't drive people to interviews but feel free to reach out if there's something else I can do.

For those who have interviewed, would you say the MMI questions were everyday scenarios or were they related to medicine in a way where you would not need full knowledge of medicine to respond? I know the email mentioned they do not require medical knowledge, but just curious. Any insight is appreciated!! 

Hi everyone! First off congratulations to all accepted and those with upcoming interviews, I wish the best of luck! I interviewed on 9/30 and was so fortunate as to receive a call on 10/1 around 10am offering me admissions. For those who shared an interview date with me there are calls rolling out so be on the lookout! Wishing you all the best of luck and looking forward to starting and meeting everyone! 

16 hours ago, 11123 said:

For those who have interviewed, would you say the MMI questions were everyday scenarios or were they related to medicine in a way where you would not need full knowledge of medicine to respond? I know the email mentioned they do not require medical knowledge, but just curious. Any insight is appreciated!! 

Some were medical scenarios that they are seeing how you would deal with a situation. Some were questions that you could tell it was more of they want to get to know you. Just relax! Everybody is super nice and pretty conversational so you’ll have a good time regardless. 

• Upvote 1

I've been waiting to share, but this is so surreal. I got my acceptance call 10/1 and interviewed 9/30! Literally cannot believe that this is real life. For those of you that received your phone call, they stated that we would get our official emails before the 10/18 right? TBH I was happy crying and all I heard was that I was in. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I got an email for the alternate list! Lol  relieved  it wasn’t a rejection and staying hopeful and keeping my fingers crossed I get to join the class of 2022 at ATSU! 

Also HUGE CONGRATS to all those who got the call!!!! So exciting and I am so happy for y’all!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/2/2019 at 1:02 PM, lstaff said:

Hi Guys! Just got my acceptance call yesterday!!! I'm so overjoyed, none it seems real yet!

I was really fortunate as I applied late and had a December interview but they let me know when someone dropped out last second so I was able to interview on 9/30! The staff was wonderful and made it such a positive experience even though I was really underprepared to interview! Good luck to all you guys and can't wait to meet the rest of you! 🙂 

Also I'm local so feel free to let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out or if any of the other local accepted students want to meet up! I work mornings so I can't drive people to interviews but feel free to reach out if there's something else I can do.

Congrats! When did you apply if you don't mind my asking. You said late...but how late?

22 minutes ago, whaaat said:

Congrats! When did you apply if you don't mind my asking. You said late...but how late?

Hahaha... late.... 

CASPA received 8/29

supplemental received 9/11

application complete 9/12

interview invitation 9/18

Interview 9/30 (switched from 12/16 after they emailed me about a last minute spot)

I really wasn’t expecting to hear back so quickly! The last 3 weeks have been a stressful and ecstatic whirlwind!

• Like 1