ATSU 2019-2020 Cycle

On 11/5/2019 at 9:59 AM, Kasey79 said:

I got an interview invite for 12/16. I was wondering if those of you who have been accepted can offer some insight on things you might have done to stand out during your interview that possibly led to your acceptance? Thanks in advance! 

Honestly you've heard it a million times but be yourself. Don't say want you think they want you to say but say what you really mean! 

I interviewed 11/4 and was called on 11/6 with an offer pending a open seat. They made it sound like it was just a matter of time before they would call me with the official offer, but I’m somewhat nervous about the status. When I interviewed on Monday it sounded like the class was pretty much full, but they expect some shuffling....

like @goldmedicine, I am wondering if anyone that has been accepted pending a seat, has subsequently been offered an official seat to this point? Also, like @vquiah I am wondering how people are selected off the pending list? Any info would be appreciated!  

Edited by KyleT
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/19/2019 at 7:34 AM, PAGene said:

Congrats to all who got accepted! I am interviewing December 2nd and am so excited! This is my dream school! I was wondering if anyone can share their stats with me and then also tell me the difference between pending open seat and the waitlist! 

Basically (from what I understand) is that the school has technically already sent out 70 acceptance offers to people, so interviewers are interviewing for a pending open seat spot. This means that the faculty and stuff believe you are a good fit for the school and, given that someone who has already been offered a spot declines their offer, you will get an acceptance offer. The waitlist is a completely separate list from the pending open seat list. Offers will be given to pending open seat and once everyone on that list has been given offers, only then will offers be made to waitlist individuals. 

Again, I could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted it when I interviewed. Hope this helps! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1