South College - Nashville 2019-2020 Application Cycle

10 minutes ago, al3000 said:

@madi1

Hello,

What made you feel like you weren't a strong candidate?

I don't have much patient care or shadowing experience. I haven't even shadowed a PA when I submitted my application. Since submitting my application I've gotten a job as a research assistant where I work with PAs, MDs, and such. But initially, I didn't know if I had enough experience to receive an interview. I submitted an application with fingers crossed.

I kind of feel the opposite. I’ve been waiting since July to get an interview. My application has been reviewed but not picked for another round of viewing by faculty. Which means I’m not out, but in a holding pattern. I have above the minimum required classes and about 1200 PCHours. I’ve received 2 interviews other places but am really interested in this program. Maybe my 296 on the GRE is holding me back. I have no idea. 

7 hours ago, jlduvall said:

I kind of feel the opposite. I’ve been waiting since July to get an interview. My application has been reviewed but not picked for another round of viewing by faculty. Which means I’m not out, but in a holding pattern. I have above the minimum required classes and about 1200 PCHours. I’ve received 2 interviews other places but am really interested in this program. Maybe my 296 on the GRE is holding me back. I have no idea. 

How do you know it was reviewed but not picked for viewing?

On 1/10/2020 at 9:55 PM, Holly1483 said:

I had to reschedule my interview from 1/24 to 2/14. I hope that helps one of you out! See everyone at the 2/14 interview! Good luck everyone!

Hey this actually helped me out a lot I was invited to interview for 2/14, however due to a church missions trip to Puerto Rico leaving that same day I was going to have to push my interview (last resort) but was able to take your spot. So thank you very much I hope you have a great interview in February. Happy preparing. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2020 at 10:37 PM, Vyoma96 said:

Congratulations to everyone getting interview invites to South College- Nashville. To those getting interviews or getting accepted, do you mind posting your stats and when you submitted your complete application? Thank you so much in advance. 

Hi, I was just invited for interview on 1/10 for the 2/14 date. I have since moved that date to 1/24 however here are my stats. I also struggled in Chemistry getting C's in 1 & 2 

CASPA and Supplemental application submitted on 10/15 however I sent over my GRE scores on 12/30 which rendered my application complete for South college. 

GPA 3.52     PCE 10,000+ as Army Combat Medic

sGPA 3.24    GRE 297    Shadowing hours 80

I also struggled in Chemistry getting C's in 1 & 2, not really my strong suit as you can see

Some Advice, all I can say is don't get discouraged I was nervous from the silence but the invites will come.  

Edited by Bisson42

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2020 at 10:25 AM, jlduvall said:

I’m kind of in the same boat. I applied in August and had the same review email, but since I’ve been waiting so long I feel it was an out rather than holding?

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Holly1483 said:

I was recently accepted to another program and let South College know today that I will not be making the interview this Friday, 2/14. I am hoping someone else is called and asked to come interview. Good luck to you all!

Congratulations! Where did you get accepted?

Thank you for this thread, it has been so helpful. I just got an interview invite for 2/14. Can someone share what the group and 1-on-1 interview is like? and the med term test? I am feeling a bit worried after hearing all the great stats, it sounds like everyone who received an interview had great stats like GPA, patient care hours, shadowing and volunteer work, so I wonder on what basis they reject you at the interview? 

Edited by Sammyy1216