South College - Nashville 2019-2020 Application Cycle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Bananataters said:

My application was received, and verified. The admissions team is giving me an opportunity to speak with them about my application. Has anyone else received similar communication, and if so did you find it helpful?

I have submitted my app and it was verified. I was wondering what you mean by opportunity to speak to them? As in an interview? Does anyone know if the interviews are going to be in person 

7 minutes ago, girlsjustwannabePAs said:

I also received an opportunity to speak about my application. It's tucked into the email you get when all of your program materials are complete (CASPA, GRE, Supplemental) I am calling tomorrow to talk to them. It's also from a "donotreply" email but I replied anyways and got a response. 

are you talking about the part in the email that says "Now that your application is complete and verified if you’d like me to take a few minutes to look it over with you I can do that. "? 

7 hours ago, saramorgannnn said:

are you talking about the part in the email that says "Now that your application is complete and verified if you’d like me to take a few minutes to look it over with you I can do that. "? 

Yup that’s it. The conversation was helpful.  They run through your stats, and let you know how you stack up to the average. Was able to give me some advice on what to do to improve my chances.

Just now, jlduvall said:

I emailed back because there was no signature at the bottom or number to call about my application. Did you run into the same thing? 

I emailed back to the original confirmation email I received. Even though it says no-reply, in the details it says the "reply to" goes to an actual email. So just email back and they will contact you. All of my emails have received speedy responses. 

33 minutes ago, jlduvall said:

Ok hopefully they will reach out. It was just yesterday. Has anyone else sent everything in but are still going to re take the GRE? I have a score on there but am going to try to raise it. Ever heard of anyone doing this? 

When I had my phone call they said they take multiple score reports and take the highest of each section. I was told that if I took it again and sent in those scores then the sections that were better would replace my old ones while I am in the applicant pool.

Just now, jlduvall said:

Ok that helps me so much! Thanks for all of your help!!dingers crossed. And congrats on your interview! I would love to know how it goes! 

I haven't received an invitation to interview yet but fingers crossed... I'm really hoping for one from here! Good luck to you too 🙂 and taking the GRE again. I was not a fan of that test haha

18 hours ago, scurles1 said:

To those of you who have already received interviews:  Would you mind sharing your stats and how they contacted you?

Thanks and Congrats!!!

Sure, they sent me an email invite and requested a response to verify that I would be attending and my stats include:

CASPA verified - 6/06

GPA -  3.88

sGPA - 3.79

Volunteer hours - about 600 hours 

Direct patient care hours - 1800 hours

Extracurricular activities - ex D1 athlete at Big 12 school. Various clubs and obviously volunteering regularly .