South College - Nashville 2019-2020 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...

I’m so confused.... I applied to this school and got an email saying my application was complete and verified, and that they will begin looking at the applications in MAY of 2020 because the deadline for South college Nashville is March 2020. However I’m seeing here on this forum that people are getting interviews already? How is that possible? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, RCSMM said:

I’m so confused.... I applied to this school and got an email saying my application was complete and verified, and that they will begin looking at the applications in MAY of 2020 because the deadline for South college Nashville is March 2020. However I’m seeing here on this forum that people are getting interviews already? How is that possible? 

I would maybe call the program and ask them what is going on. When did you submit and get verified?

On 8/15/2019 at 11:05 PM, stressedstudent said:

hii can you give any advice on what the interviews are like?!

Yeah. There's a group interview and a two-on-one interview. In the group interview, they told us a topic and we talked about it in the group. We also took a practice medical terminology test and toured the school. Then, we had lunch and received the offers. 

On 6/19/2019 at 8:05 AM, Bananataters said:

Yup that’s it. The conversation was helpful.  They run through your stats, and let you know how you stack up to the average. Was able to give me some advice on what to do to improve my chances.

I think that this would be very helpful but when I received my email stating that my application was complete and ready for review it only stays when interviews will be begin and that due to the amount of applications being received that they can't answer any requests regarding the status of the application. Do you happen to have the contact information for the person who you spoke to? thanks! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I interviewed Friday and was accepted (yay!). The interview session I was at was like someone previously talked about as far as schedule of events! It wasn't a very intense or stressful day. They really just want to talk and get to know you. All of the staff was amazing and willing to listen. They literally just want to get a feel for what your personality is like. Good luck to everyone interviewing and waiting to hear back! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MAgui said:

Hey guys! I interviewed Friday and was accepted (yay!). The interview session I was at was like someone previously talked about as far as schedule of events! It wasn't a very intense or stressful day. They really just want to talk and get to know you. All of the staff was amazing and willing to listen. They literally just want to get a feel for what your personality is like. Good luck to everyone interviewing and waiting to hear back! 

Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats and when you applied? 

On 10/21/2019 at 1:45 PM, di6333 said:

Anyone willing to share stats? I'm considering applying next cycle, but I'm wondering what the GPA/sGPA/PCE average is for those who received interviews this cycle. I'm on the lower GPA side, so I wanted to know what was the likelihood of being invited to an interview

Hey I don’t mind sharing my stats I think it’s pretty helpful! 

Overall GPA: 3.86

Science GPA: 3.9 

GRE: 304- 150 verbal 154 quantitative 

Patient Care Hours: Around 2000 (I’m usually on the lower end for this) 

Volunteer hours: 100

22 minutes ago, madip said:

I talked to the admission coordinator today, he said the average overall GPA was about a 3.4 and avg science GPA was 3.1 for last year. 

My stats are: Overall GPA 3.01

science GPA 3.03

PCE: 4000+  as ED scribe, 700ish as PT tech

60ish volunteer hours

GRE 304

Have you received an interview yet?

On 9/3/2019 at 11:18 AM, RCSMM said:

same!!