2019-2020 Application cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know how long it takes to receive the supplemental after submitting? So excited to be applying guys! Best of luck to everyone. @daverich18 it’s common for applicants to have outstanding courses, PA programs are very much used to it so I wouldn’t worry about it. Especially only 3 courses. In any case the grades will be available before they have to make their final decision about you post-interviews. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daverich18 said:

Will anyone have outstanding courses to take when they submit their application? I am down to my last 3 courses which I will have completed by October, but I plan to hit the submit button about mid June. 

I will have biochem and genetics outstanding when I apply.

10 minutes ago, daverich18 said:

I will too. Currently taking Microbiology. I will start Genetics next week and remaining will be BioChem (starting in August). I'm taking Genetics and BioChem at Doane online. 

I finish Genetics in August and will be doing biochem with Doane in august as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2019 at 12:11 PM, ammelton said:

Hi everyone! I'm a reapplicant for Nova Orlando (didn't get taken off the alternate list last cycle). Just submitted today! Good luck to everyone!

Im in the same boat 🙂 

Wasn't taken off the alternate list. Good luck to you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carlimar1017 said:

Hello Everyone,

I just received notice from CASPA that my application is complete and ready to be submitted to my programs. Can anyone who’s received NOVA supplemental tell me how long it took after they submitted to receive it?

After I submitted my application, I got the supplemental in like 3 days. But it might be longer now

3 minutes ago, odesss said:

How long did it take to receive the supplemental? I took my GRE on Thursday and I submitted my apps yesterday but I'm still waiting for my scores to be sent. Do you think they'll still send me it or will wait till my GRE comes? 

I got my supplemental in like 4 days. They’re gonna have to wait for your gre scores 

On 6/8/2019 at 1:40 PM, tfunkhouser said:

Do you guys mind sharing your stats and interview experiences with Nova ?

It was a very laid back and conversational type of interview. If they follow suit with last year, you will interview with multiple groups (MMI interview). They understand the process is stressful and do their best to make you comfortable. The interview process also included a tour of the campus. 

Stats: BS in math (2005), MS in computational operations research (2008). I am a career-changer. Went back and took every prerequisite course required and got all A's. 
Shadowing: 60 hrs
PCE: ~500 hrs
GRE: 309 I believe. Didn't prep a whole lot for it. 
sGPA: 3.85
cGPA: ~3.5

Keep in mind that these are just numbers.... most of us that apply have the grades and maybe even some experience. What sets you apart? Keep that in mind when you get your notification to interview!

Edited by ammelton
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...