2018-2019 Application Cycle

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thePAway

Did you get an email from them saying they received your application? I submitted by CASPA a few days ago but was my official GRE scores said they were not sent out to the schools I designated until today since I took it very recently. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest SoyLatte

I just submitted my app! Hopefully it's not too late! I looked through last year's forum but couldn't find out whether people who submitted in late July still got interview invites. Does anyone know? 

I figured I'd apply since Stanford says they utilize rolling admissions, but invites don't usually come out until ~October anyway. ? Good luck everyone! 

21 hours ago, CheesePlease said:

Has anyone heard anything back yet besides confirmation emails?

Nope. My confirm email was sent on June 12th and it said "we will reach out again within approximately the next two months" so I guess around August 12th.

On 7/22/2018 at 9:05 PM, FW2018 said:

I just submitted my app! Hopefully it's not too late! I looked through last year's forum but couldn't find out whether people who submitted in late July still got interview invites. Does anyone know? 

I figured I'd apply since Stanford says they utilize rolling admissions, but invites don't usually come out until ~October anyway. ? Good luck everyone! 

In the same boat! Fingers crossed we’re still in the running ? good luck!!

Just received an email saying I didn't make the cut. Good luck to the rest of you.

Dear Porsche' Taylor,

Thank you for your interest in the Stanford School of Medicine's Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program.  The application process for our program is intensely competitive, and we received many outstanding applications during this admissions cycle.  We are only able to invite a small number of applicants to proceed to the next stage of the admissions process, and we regret that we are unable to offer that to you this year. 

Please know that we review each application carefully and holistically, and that no one deficiency results in a denial.  If you would like guidance in assessing the strength of your application, you may find our Self-Assessment tool helpful: http://med.stanford.edu/pa/admissions/self_assessment.html.

We encourage you to apply to other PA programs, and we wish you every success in the pursuit of your PA studies.

Sincerely,

MSPA Admissions Team
Stanford School of Medicine

Guest SoyLatte
1 hour ago, Porschetaylor said:

Just received an email saying I didn't make the cut. Good luck to the rest of you.

Dear Porsche' Taylor,

Thank you for your interest in the Stanford School of Medicine's Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program.  The application process for our program is intensely competitive, and we received many outstanding applications during this admissions cycle.  We are only able to invite a small number of applicants to proceed to the next stage of the admissions process, and we regret that we are unable to offer that to you this year. 

Please know that we review each application carefully and holistically, and that no one deficiency results in a denial.  If you would like guidance in assessing the strength of your application, you may find our Self-Assessment tool helpful: http://med.stanford.edu/pa/admissions/self_assessment.html.

We encourage you to apply to other PA programs, and we wish you every success in the pursuit of your PA studies.

Sincerely,

MSPA Admissions Team

I’m sorry you didn’t hear better news ? Best of luck to you this cycle, sending good vibes your way! 

Guest thePAway
23 hours ago, Porschetaylor said:

So sorry to hear that I wish you luck for the rest of your schools! Do you mind if I ask when you submitted? I submitted almost 8 weeks ago and I believe they said around then they would send information

Guest SoyLatte
1 hour ago, lilmems said:

Hi all, 

On CASPA were your GRE scores marked as accepted under the standardized test section? All of my other schools accepted on 7/4 or 7/6 but nothing from Stanford. Haven't received the confirmation email either... 

Hey! To my understanding Stanford doesnt have a CASPA GRE code, meaning ETS sends the scores directly to Stanford and not CASPA. So you should be fine! 

On 7/31/2018 at 9:34 PM, Porschetaylor said:

Dear Porsche' Taylor,

Sincerely,

MSPA Admissions Team

I was also rejected from Stanford on 7/31/18.  I am learning to accept this.  

I used classes from a "community college" to fill all but 1 of my upper division science prereqs.  It was a branch campus of the University of Cincinnati.  Both Marietta and Kettering considered that acceptable.  It was way cheaper and frankly better instruction: PhD faculty - including in lab, and small class sizes.

19 minutes ago, ohiovolffemtp said:

I used classes from a "community college" to fill all but 1 of my upper division science prereqs.  It was a branch campus of the University of Cincinnati.  Both Marietta and Kettering considered that acceptable.  It was way cheaper and frankly better instruction: PhD faculty - including in lab, and small class sizes.

Cool, glad to know I'm not the only one. I'm unsure how important the "upper division" aspect is to them. Hopefully not very.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thePAway
2 hours ago, PA135 said:

I haven't gotten a rejection or an interview invite yet!

1 hour ago, Packman PA said:

I also have not received a rejection or an interview..fingers crossed...best of luck to all of us

How long ago did you all submit? I am coming up on 9 weeks and the email said they would follow up in about 8

Archived