what pa program are you in and what's your profile like? I am still an undergrad student and I would want to be (extra) well-prepared for PA school. I have looked at multiple uni's programs, but since I'm in california, I'd like to stay local. I was looking at usc's. anybody in usc's program? gpa? GRE score? HRE? curious. thank you.

From USC's website: 

Mission
Interviewees averaged 1180 hours of non-health care related community or volunteer experience and/or underserved community service

CASPA cumulative GPA
Interviewees averaged a 3.44 GPA

CASPA science GPA
Interviewees averaged a 3.35 GPA

Clinical Experience
Interviewees averaged 3,648 hours of paid/unpaid (2,000 hrs = 1 year of experience)

Related Health Care Experience
20 hours of PA shadowing is recommended.

GRE or MCAT

• The majority of applicants take the GRE
  • Interviewees averaged 306 on the new GRE
  • Interviewees averaged 27 on the MCAT
  • Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By JB296
      Hi everyone,
      I was just accepted to West Virginia University’s PA program (class of 2022) and I am planning on attending. We have a short amount of time to figure out living arrangements, as classes begin in early January 2020. Has anyone else been accepted and would like to chat about finding roommates or would just like to get to know other students in the program?
    • By Briannaarroyo
      Hello, 
      In my pre-pa club a member asked a question about surgery for PA’s. The question was “Is it true that in order to assist in surgery you need to do an extra year of schooling after your PA program? Do this require you to pay more for school? Is this included in your PA schooling years or would you need to reapply for that surgical year?” 
      I thought it was an excellent set of questions, which I would like more answers for. 
    • By Majesticu
      Hey guys,
      I'm currently considering applying next year and was wondering if anyone could share their stats for getting into nova or any other school in florida, especially how many pce hours, since they don't seem to require it but I'm not sure how many most applicants have.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More